Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 09:13 PM

Received 124 Likes on 14 Posts

Default Navigation Question

I just pulled the trigger and bought a 2013 FX4 S/C with the 5.0. It has Sync with My Touch, but no Navigation. What would it take to add Navigation to this system??? Any help is greatly appreciated.....and Ill post pics soon.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:42 PM

Received 613 Likes on 497 Posts

portable gps? honestly adding on the factory nav would cost you double the price if you want to add it later. If you don't get it as an option you are better off going aftermarket
Old 07-16-2013, 09:51 PM

Ive always got my phone that has GPS, I was just curious to know if they could just run a software update at the dealership. The sales guy actually told me that the truck came with Nav, it wasnt until I got in it to leave that I realized it didn't. Sales manager said he would check to see if it was something they could add on and let me know. So I wont get charged for it, just curious if it is possible for them to add it at the dealership.
Old 07-16-2013, 09:53 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I use my iPad mini for GPS. I just need to find a nice way to mount it and not do the iPad instigation into the dash that others have done.
Old 07-17-2013, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by usmcknight69
Ive always got my phone that has GPS, I was just curious to know if they could just run a software update at the dealership. The sales guy actually told me that the truck came with Nav, it wasnt until I got in it to leave that I realized it didn't. Sales manager said he would check to see if it was something they could add on and let me know. So I wont get charged for it, just curious if it is possible for them to add it at the dealership.
I've never seen a factory GPS added on after factory and I been working at a dealer for 10 years now. I'm curious to how they will rectify this for you. I feel like you'll be getting compensation before getting a factory GPS. How long have you owned the truck?
Old 07-17-2013, 07:15 AM

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

No the Nav MFT and Non-Nav MFT are two different units (at least have two different part numbers). Putting a Nav Card in the console will not do anything, etc. etc. In short there is no easy way to do this.

Rest easy, look up complaints about MFT. The complainers from what I have read always have MFT with Nav. You have the one that will work all the time. Just like mine.
Old 07-17-2013, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by kidastra

I've never seen a factory GPS added on after factory and I been working at a dealer for 10 years now. I'm curious to how they will rectify this for you. I feel like you'll be getting compensation before getting a factory GPS. How long have you owned the truck?
I've owned it since last night!
Old 07-17-2013, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by kydsid
No the Nav MFT and Non-Nav MFT are two different units (at least have two different part numbers). Putting a Nav Card in the console will not do anything, etc. etc. In short there is no easy way to do this.

Rest easy, look up complaints about MFT. The complainers from what I have read always have MFT with Nav. You have the one that will work all the time. Just like mine.
Thanks for the heads up!
Old 07-17-2013, 08:16 AM

I have no issues with my nav unit. I suggest if you want the navi. Return the truck before its too late and get one with navi. It's the dealer who messed up you shouldn't have to deal with it.
Old 07-17-2013, 09:14 PM

I'm going back to dealer tomorrow to see what the are going to do!

Quick Reply: Navigation Question