Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Navigation is lost after level/tires/and tuner update. Help

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2018, 06:27 PM

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Default Navigation is lost after level/tires/and tuner update. Help

2014 FX4. I've had an SCT X4 tuner for about a year now (in anticipation of bigger tires) and have performed adjustments with factory settings (No custom tunes yet). No problems at that point. This past week in an earlier post, I showed off that I bought larger tires 295/60/20 Coopers and added my level kit. It came out awesome. So I used the programmer to update the revolutions per Mile to correct the speedometer. That all worked out great and the speedometer is within 2 mph of a handheld GPS. Good by my standards. But I used the Navigation and the map shows the truck running parallel to the road or highway I'm on. It shows that I'm driving in the middle of no where. Sometimes it syncs up, but as soon as I come to an intersection and turn right or left, the GPS is off again. I used the programmer to go back to factory settings but still the same results. What do you think it could be? I have an A7 GPS card in. I used this as a good excuse to go ahead and buy an A9 but I'm skeptical this will fix the problem.

Any suggestions?

Dave

Old 07-30-2018, 07:09 PM
2022 F150 Limited/3.5 EB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes, several posts on here after tire size change. It happened to me too even though mine was just slightly larger. Disconnecting the battery corrected mine as it has also corrected others that I have seen.
The following users liked this post:
jetchaser (07-31-2018)
Old 07-30-2018, 07:13 PM

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Dave,
You need to perform a master reset, the procedure is in your owners manual.

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-t...ter-reset.html

The GPS in your truck relies on your tire rotation when it goes into DR (dead reckoning). Your tuner only calibrates your speedometer, not everything to do with tire size.
Another Dave, A&P, IA
The following 2 users liked this post by Dave Z:
jetchaser (07-30-2018), Kkline (07-30-2018)
Old 07-30-2018, 08:10 PM

Thanks! I did this and hopefully it helps. All these years of searching level kits and tires brands, I must of missed that bit of information. I love this site!

Also an A&P, IA!!

Originally Posted by Dave Z
Dave,
You need to perform a master reset, the procedure is in your owners manual.

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-t...ter-reset.html

The GPS in your truck relies on your tire rotation when it goes into DR (dead reckoning). Your tuner only calibrates your speedometer, not everything to do with tire size.
Another Dave, A&P, IA

Last edited by jetchaser; 07-30-2018 at 08:11 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 07-30-2018, 08:38 PM

Uh oh. The master reset didn't work. Still off after the test drive. Now disconnecting the battery. We'll see if that does the trick.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:37 PM

Received 88 Likes on 67 Posts

Thanks guys I had the same issue and was just thinking my SD card got too old. Will try myself too.
Old 07-31-2018, 03:07 PM

I unplugged the battery last night and reset everything. Back to normal now. Thanks for the help everyone!
Old 07-31-2018, 07:48 PM

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Kkline
Thanks guys I had the same issue and was just thinking my SD card got too old. Will try myself too.
Your SD card is only the database for the navigation. It has the streets, roads, and points of interest locations. It does not age, but that is how you update your database.
These cards cost about $150 from the dealer but you can also get them on ebay for a considerable savings. The A9 version just came out.

Quick Reply: Navigation is lost after level/tires/and tuner update. Help