Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My unfortunate eventful day..

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 01:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My unfortunate eventful day..

I live just north of chicago, and i'm sure anyone around here can relate, its damn nice out. temperature hit the low eighties today, and for us thats unheard of. i think this might have had something to do with the heat..

I was driving down the highway in my 2010 Supercrew Lariat, I just gassed up the truck so tend to try and keep the needle at full for as long as I can, so I know as a fact i was doing 55 MPH (cruise control) in the right lane when I heard what sounded like a gunshot. I immediately pulled off to the elbow, and examined that my rear, driver side tire had blown out. I was less than a mile from home. I have the stock goodyear wranglers on I believe they are 265-75-18, and I've been looking into new tires for months, so the only benefit is that now I have a reason to go buy 'em.

Had to wait in the sun for an hour and a half for AAA to arrive, i was on the shoulder of the highway with little room to fix the tire, so I didn't feel comfortable trying to pop on the spare. well long story short, tow truck driver cant get the spare tire off.. but I think he was a little stupid, so I'm gonna try again after school tomorrow and see if i can get the spare on and get over to the dealership for new shoes.

The truck was flatbed home about a mile, sits in the driveway where i took the below pictures. any insight would be greatly appreciated, I know they arent the best tires, but after 12,000 miles, they should hold up.. I think my next tire is gonna be BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain or All Terrain, if anyone has any tires they are passionate about or input on the tires I mentioned, PLEASE share. Thanks a ton, you guys are always a huge help!

Last edited by creighton94; 03-21-2012 at 01:12 AM. Reason: typos
Old 03-21-2012, 03:08 AM
Debadged

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Around 15K miles I upgraded from my OEM Michelin 18's to the BFG Long Trail T/A 275/60R20. Very pleased with the BFG's. I'm in Nevada and the all season tires are a good choice here. Ride is like factory smooth but really like the 20's better. Lost about 1.2 MPG but the cool factor went up 5 points. New tires warrenty is for 60K miles.
Old 03-21-2012, 03:29 AM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by creighton94
I live just north of chicago, and i'm sure anyone around here can relate, its damn nice out. temperature hit the low eighties today, and for us thats unheard of. i think this might have had something to do with the heat..

I was driving down the highway in my 2010 Supercrew Lariat, I just gassed up the truck so tend to try and keep the needle at full for as long as I can, so I know as a fact i was doing 55 MPH (cruise control) in the right lane when I heard what sounded like a gunshot. I immediately pulled off to the elbow, and examined that my rear, driver side tire had blown out. I was less than a mile from home. I have the stock goodyear wranglers on I believe they are 265-75-18, and I've been looking into new tires for months, so the only benefit is that now I have a reason to go buy 'em.

Had to wait in the sun for an hour and a half for AAA to arrive, i was on the shoulder of the highway with little room to fix the tire, so I didn't feel comfortable trying to pop on the spare. well long story short, tow truck driver cant get the spare tire off.. but I think he was a little stupid, so I'm gonna try again after school tomorrow and see if i can get the spare on and get over to the dealership for new shoes.

The truck was flatbed home about a mile, sits in the driveway where i took the below pictures. any insight would be greatly appreciated, I know they arent the best tires, but after 12,000 miles, they should hold up.. I think my next tire is gonna be BFGoodrich Rugged Terrain or All Terrain, if anyone has any tires they are passionate about or input on the tires I mentioned, PLEASE share. Thanks a ton, you guys are always a huge help!

I got rid of mine @ 10,000 kms I have a factory one for ya I sell ya for 50 bucks but it would probably cost more to ship it from alberta to where you are
Old 03-21-2012, 04:08 AM

Received 242 Likes on 191 Posts

That really sucks! This just gave me a reason to replace my tires early.

I've heard good things abou bfg rugged terrain. So far this is my choice in 275/70/18
Old 03-21-2012, 04:14 AM

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts

That sucks. I had Good Year Wranglers on my Chev and had great luck with them. I had about 120,000kms on them before I took them off.

Quick Reply: My unfortunate eventful day..