Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 2013 F150 EB REVIEW

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 05:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default My 2013 F150 EB REVIEW

I wanted to write an early review of my 2013 EB now that I hit 3000 miles. I have the 3.37 rear axle. I wanted the 3.55 and for them to get the EB with the options I wanted they had to do a dealer trade and I didn’t realize the gear ratio until after I bought it.
One reason I wanted to write this is because I know that there are a lot of people, including myself, that have checked out this forum before buy an EB and I wanted to give my thoughts.
The MPG I am currently getting is 16.5 and that is mixed driving so I am happy with that. I bought this truck in January and living in Northern Minnesota our winters can get pretty cold so I am excited to see what that does once summer comes and the engine breaks in a little more.
Towing however the MPG suffers big time. I haven’t done a lot of towing but the a few times I have I have seen lower MPG. Towing itself with the EB has been effortless!
The EB power is incredible and if you open up those turbo’s it will throw you back in your seat. The down side to the V6 is the sound. I really didn’t think I would miss the sound of a V8 but I do.
The only real complaints I have on this truck are the speakers. I had to replace them all from factory and it seemed to help a lot for sound quality, I didn't want anything over the top, but I wanted something better then the tin can sound of the factory.
If you are shopping for a new Ford and can’t decide if you want the EB or the 5.0 this is how I will approach my next F150 in a few years. If there are two trucks that have the same options but one is an EB and the other is a 5.0, I will go with the EB. However, if there is one that has the EB but not all the options I want but there is a 5.0 that does have all the options. I will go with the 5.0.
Overall the truck as been great and I haven’t had any problems so far I would not hesitate to get the EB again.
The following users liked this post:
blamecanada (04-09-2013)
Old 04-09-2013, 05:03 PM
PPPPPuppy Power

Received 887 Likes on 653 Posts

Good to hear.

They are both good engines.

Quick Reply: My 2013 F150 EB REVIEW