Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mirror options and questions

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 08:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Mirror options and questions

I guess I should not have assumed, but my 2011 Lariat does not have heated or power fold mirrors. The drivers (LH) side does have that annoying tint in it though. Does anyone know if the truck is prewired for heat and powerfold mirrors? The switches and likely relays would have to be installed I assume?

I was looking at these mirrors on ebay. Front and rear LED's, heated, and power adjust, power fold. Will they work on my truck that does not have heat or power fold?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260857803116...#ht_8654wt_956
Old 11-05-2011, 08:27 PM
Former Car Guy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you try tilting down when your mirror adjuster is between L and R? Your model should have folding mirrors and possibly heat as well.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:36 PM

That's what I thought! It does not work. My 2009 XLT XTR edition had them, and yes, pulling the adjust **** back when in the "neutral" position made them fold in. It also had a button for mirror heat beside the rear window defog button.

I am going to read up on standard options for lariat. I assumed it would have had this. I special ordered this truck and totally overlooked this I guess.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:55 PM

Looks like the option I overlooked was (off ford.com website Lariat specs) "Side mirrors - PowerFoldŽ, heated, memory, signal mirrors with puddle lamp, and driver's side self-dimming features"
Old 11-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Former Car Guy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nolagtime
Looks like the option I overlooked was (off ford.com website Lariat specs) "Side mirrors - PowerFoldŽ, heated, memory, signal mirrors with puddle lamp, and driver's side self-dimming features"
I wouldn't have thought you'd have to add this feature to a well equipped Lariat such as yours. Hope I didn't get beat to bad for mine.

Quick Reply: Mirror options and questions