Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MFT - Does Anyone Actually Like It?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2012, 08:37 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default MFT - Does Anyone Actually Like It?

Daydream Believin' that one day I will finally get a F150, I'm down to a Lariat or Platinum. There are so many threads / posts regarding issues with the new My Ford Touch system I was wondering if there is anyone out there that actually likes it and either doesn't have any issues or just "minor" issues. I am a major techie that loves the gadgets, but expects them to work!

Thoughts greatly appreciated!
Old 11-09-2012, 08:44 PM
Beer Gut Extraordinaire

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,317 Posts

It's not my favorite system, but it looks good. I have it in my Focus and it's glitchy but I like the interface. I COULD live with it. I do love the idea of having a touchscreen without having to get nav. I've also noticed it kept the FX4 MSRP prices down this year. Last year a fully loaded FX4 was $58k, now it's $55k.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:49 PM

Received 242 Likes on 191 Posts

Keep in mind that the software can and will be improved/updated in the future with newer versions. It's pretty simple to download and install updates, that is if it's anything like updating sync.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:55 PM
Beer Gut Extraordinaire

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,317 Posts

Originally Posted by KBS
Keep in mind that the software can and will be improved/updated in the future with newer versions. It's pretty simple to download and install updates, that is if it's anything like updating sync.
Yep, you do also have an easily removable nav SD card, I'm wondering of some day Garmin or TomTom will come out with an aftermarket replacement card.
Old 11-09-2012, 10:05 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have MFT in my 2013 Lariat and I really like it. It works good and I have no issues so far. It is easy to use and the wife hasn't had a negative comment either. I'm still learning it, and there are a few things I'm trying to figure out. But that is part of the fun!
Old 11-14-2012, 12:47 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have a Sony Nav... Sorry, misread posting...

Last edited by CurtSr; 11-14-2012 at 01:12 PM.
Old 11-14-2012, 12:59 PM

Received 117 Likes on 100 Posts

I prefer the Sony system over My Ford Touch. One of the reasons I pulled the trigger on a 2012 instead of a 2013. But IMO both are good systems. It just comes down to which one you prefer.

Trending Topics

Old 11-14-2012, 01:34 PM

Received 67 Likes on 39 Posts

I like the MFT in my '13 so far. No issues, pretty easy to use, and looks nice.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We have MFT in my wife's explorer. I have an XLT f150 (No MFT). I do not like the MFT in the explorer. When we first got it, I thought it was pretty cool. But everything takes longer to change. You have to take your eyes of the road to work thru the screens.

Example: To switch the heat from the vents to the floor it takes a couple of steps.
1. From the "Home" screen, touch to pull up the climate control screen.
2. Now push the floor "button".
3. Push to go back to home.
All of these have a second lag time that you wait for.
With a regular set up you just reach over and bump the climate control over to floor. So I just really prefer the "old fashioned" controls in my truck. Not saying MFT is awful, I just don't think that it is really any type of convenience. And yes, sometimes the system can be quircky. Especially connecting your cell phone. It will do fine for 3 months, and then 1 day won't connect for anything. Never have trouble with Sync connecting and acting right in my truck.

Not really hating on it. I just don't know that it is so much better. I wouldn't not buy a truck because of it. But I never find myself wishing I had it in my truck too.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:43 PM

Received 67 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by RedCandyMetalMan
We have MFT in my wife's explorer. I have an XLT f150 (No MFT). I do not like the MFT in the explorer. When we first got it, I thought it was pretty cool. But everything takes longer to change. You have to take your eyes of the road to work thru the screens.

Example: To switch the heat from the vents to the floor it takes a couple of steps.
1. From the "Home" screen, touch to pull up the climate control screen.
2. Now push the floor "button".
3. Push to go back to home.
All of these have a second lag time that you wait for.
With a regular set up you just reach over and bump the climate control over to floor. So I just really prefer the "old fashioned" controls in my truck. Not saying MFT is awful, I just don't think that it is really any type of convenience. And yes, sometimes the system can be quircky. Especially connecting your cell phone. It will do fine for 3 months, and then 1 day won't connect for anything. Never have trouble with Sync connecting and acting right in my truck.

Not really hating on it. I just don't know that it is so much better. I wouldn't not buy a truck because of it. But I never find myself wishing I had it in my truck too.
All the "old fashioned" buttons are still in the '13 F150, even with MFT. You have the option of using the buttons or the touchscreen.
The following users liked this post:
BC_FX4 (11-19-2012)

Quick Reply: MFT - Does Anyone Actually Like It?