Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

looking for a very particular King Ranch...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2014, 10:10 PM
wait. what?

Received 271 Likes on 217 Posts

Default looking for a very particular King Ranch...

this is a long shot but I'm wondering if someone may be able to help me find what I'm looking for. when I get bored, I go cruise the local Ford dealerships and see what they have in stock just for the hell of it. I'm hoping that there are people on this board who do the same.

so I'm looking for a very particular truck. I want a new King Ranch of the following spec:
Ecoboost engine
4x4
6.5' bed/157" wheelbase
Max tow package
Tan interior
Luxury package (HIDs, navigation, moonroof, tailgate step)
20" painted wheels
NO chrome package
NO monochrome package
in any color but Oxford White or Tuxedo Black.
I would also like for it to have the bed side steps.

I live in Wisconsin but I am willing to travel pretty much anywhere within the United States if I can find the truck I want. I have only found one so far, but it's Platinum White which was the color of my 2010 KR so I feel like I should try something different. though I would probably settle for having it again. but the bigger issue is that they will barely budge on the price and I'm sure as hell not paying sticker price for one of these.

so the question is fairly obvious, have any of you fellas found a KR meeting this criteria local to you? if so, I would greatly appreciate it if you could be so kind as to point me toward it.

and before it's said... I'm well aware I could just order one. but to me, half the fun it hunting it down and going to find it.

I mean come on, look how pretty it is.

Name:  2014bj_zps8f8647b5.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  47.9 KB
Old 07-17-2014, 10:13 PM

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts

Cant your dealer do a search for it, they can up here.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:17 PM
wait. what?

they can search within their "region" but I've kind of lost faith in them. I've had them call me three times all excited because they found the truck I wanted... every single one of them was a short box. two had the chrome package and the other had 18" wheels. I feel like even if I had them order exactly what I wanted, something would get screwed up lol.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:18 PM

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

It is fairly straight forward for your dealer to do a search for this stuff. They can then print out a window sticker that you can see and confirm that the truck they located is equipped the way you prefer. You can then negotiate a price and they can pursue a dealer trade.

You can also ask to take the print out of the window sticker or snap a pic with your phone of the paper when they aren't looking and google the VIN. You can very quickly figure out which dealer has the truck if you think you are better off negotiating with then directly.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:19 PM
Hightech Redneck

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by B-xp
Cant your dealer do a search for it, they can up here.
Dealers can, but they will only go up to about ~200 miles. I ran into the same problem when I was looking for a 157". Best you can do is find the dealer who is willing to look just a bit further than the competition.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:20 PM

Received 51 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by DavidKR
they can search within their "region" but I've kind of lost faith in them. I've had them call me three times all excited because they found the truck I wanted... every single one of them was a short box. two had the chrome package and the other had 18" wheels. I feel like even if I had them order exactly what I wanted, something would get screwed up lol.
I understand your frustration. The first dealer I asked to do a search couldn't get it right at all...they were clearly morons. After the fifth failed attempt they retreated to try again and I just slipped out the side door. I couldn't take it anymore!
Old 07-17-2014, 10:24 PM
wait. what?

Originally Posted by jetrep
I understand your frustration. The first dealer I asked to do a search couldn't get it right at all...they were clearly morons. After the fifth failed attempt they retreated to try again and I just slipped out the side door. I couldn't take it anymore!
haha I actually faked getting called in to work to slip out of one dealer. I couldn't stand to watch them embarrass themselves anymore. and I accidentally gave them my old roommates phone number too... darn.
Old 07-17-2014, 10:25 PM

Received 114 Likes on 71 Posts

FMC Dealer search shows these locations:
Cavalier Ford Lincoln, Chesapeake VA
Tamiami Ford, Naples FL
Billingsley Ford, Lawton OK
Jennings Anderson Ford, Boerne TX
Rich Ford Sales, Albuquerque NM

Check their web sites out...
Old 07-17-2014, 11:15 PM
wait. what?

Originally Posted by Silver FX4
FMC Dealer search shows these locations:
Cavalier Ford Lincoln, Chesapeake VA
Tamiami Ford, Naples FL
Billingsley Ford, Lawton OK
Jennings Anderson Ford, Boerne TX
Rich Ford Sales, Albuquerque NM

Check their web sites out...
will check them now, thanks!
Old 07-17-2014, 11:19 PM

Received 135 Likes on 122 Posts

Unsure where Silver FX4's leads might go but its certain that "unique" configs are rapidly being exhausted from dealer inventory. Special order entry window at Dearborn Plant ended many weeks ago (unsure about Kansas City plant):
http://www.phharval.com/home/news-an...d-fleet-trucks

Seems unlikely that your exact specs will be found in dealer inventory? I do know that my own ordered truck would now be labeled: "unobtainium" forever more...

Quick Reply: looking for a very particular King Ranch...