Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

lighting project and photo shop help

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2015, 01:17 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

So ive been tossing around an idea of putting these led lights on my trucks grille

lighting project and photo shop help-forumrunner_20150903_101441.png

lighting project and photo shop help-forumrunner_20150903_101554.png

Im thinking of putting them either side of the ford emblem and wire them in with the high beams

Could some one possible photo shop something so i could kinda get an idea of what itll look like before i start drilling into my grille
Old 09-03-2015, 01:31 PM

Received 89 Likes on 79 Posts

Why wouldn't you mount them behind the grill, let the light throw between the bars?
Old 09-03-2015, 01:47 PM

Just thought it might have looked better flush on the grill and also im planning on getting a set of raptor marker lights
Old 09-03-2015, 10:38 PM

Received 57 Likes on 37 Posts

They may not be exactly to scale, but close enough to get an idea.
Attached Thumbnails lighting project and photo shop help-grill_1.jpg   lighting project and photo shop help-grill_2.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Neptunescab (09-04-2015)
Old 09-03-2015, 10:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What about vertical between the grill and the headlights? HHmmm
Old 09-04-2015, 08:55 AM
PJP

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was looking at those same lights as extra reverse lighting. Was going to put them dead center of the back bumper in-between the receiver hitch and bumper. Wanted something safe from damage that added some usable light and was different from everyone else.

Are you trying to get usable light from these or just add a daytime running kind of look?

From what I read those throw okay light but would not make a good driving light.

I'm curious to know how well they work if you get them. May add them to my snowblower.

My mounting suggestion would be to cut a flat metal or plastic strip and bolt in a sandwich style recessed in between the main bars (openings) of your grill. Just like sportslab shows in the 2nd pict.

Good luck
Old 09-04-2015, 11:05 AM

Originally Posted by PJP
I was looking at those same lights as extra reverse lighting. Was going to put them dead center of the back bumper in-between the receiver hitch and bumper. Wanted something safe from damage that added some usable light and was different from everyone else.

Are you trying to get usable light from these or just add a daytime running kind of look?

From what I read those throw okay light but would not make a good driving light.

I'm curious to know how well they work if you get them. May add them to my snowblower.

My mounting suggestion would be to cut a flat metal or plastic strip and bolt in a sandwich style recessed in between the main bars (openings) of your grill. Just like sportslab shows in the 2nd pict.

Good luck
Yes i am trying to get usable light hopefully im going to go with the spot beam i have a 20 in flood bar in the lower grille opening so ive been wanting something with some more distance

Quick Reply: lighting project and photo shop help