Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Let's Talk Tow Mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 07:45 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Let's Talk Tow Mirrors

For my 2014 F-150 XLT, I would like to replace my standard OEM side mirrors with aftermarket tow mirrors from A1 Auto. According to their website, the options that I have on my OEM mirrors must match exactly with the options on the tow mirrors or they will not function correctly. My OEM mirrors are heated and power, (not power folding) and have the amber turn signal LED lights across the bottom. I do not have puddle lights. I'm not sure if I have the temp sensor in the passenger mirror or not, but I do have an outside temp display that shows on the radio screen. I just finished a chat session with A1 Auto, and they showed me mirrors that did not have the puddle lights and they were over $400/pair compared to the ones with the puddle lights that were only $217/pair. I'm wondering if I really will have problems if I order the tow mirrors with the puddle lights or will the mirrors work just fine except for the fact that the puddle lights won't illuminate on my truck? I don't care about having puddle lights that don't work. Can anyone enlighten me? And also what about the temp sensor? They don't seem to have any that have that sensor in the passenger mirror. But many people install those mirrors and are very happy with them. Do you think they lose their temp display on the radio screen. Thanks for any info you might have.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:05 PM

Received 217 Likes on 179 Posts

The puddle lights will work. The plug is wired for them.
Old 07-20-2017, 08:10 PM

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Chad Walker
The puddle lights will work. The plug is wired for them.
Cool. Thanks. What about the temp sensor? Do you think that will create a problem? Is the temp sensor ever somewhere else besides the passenger mirror?
Old 07-20-2017, 08:15 PM

Received 217 Likes on 179 Posts

My truck is a ’12 so I don't know about the temp sensor. It must not be in the mirror on my MY.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:45 PM
Village Sociopath

Received 10,073 Likes on 6,507 Posts

The temp sensor AFAIK on all 12th gen trucks, is on the right side just in front of rad, just above and to the outside of the horns.
I'm going back to my stock mirrors in the next couple days.
MyTT mirrors have heat, power, piddlelights, and turns. No power fold or extend.
Don't know what shipping would be, but $100USD and shipping, and they're yours. PM me if interested.

Last edited by johnday in BFE; 07-20-2017 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-21-2017, 01:33 AM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

My 2010 and 2014 Had the temp sensor by the radiator; the '10 was an XLT.

I picked up some Manual Fold/Manual Extend, power, heated, turn signal, puddle light OEM Mirrors off of eBay for a big road trip towing a rented trailer. They worked fine, the only 'hitch' was that the driver mirror's left and right adjustment were inverted.

Once I set the mirror, it was never an issue. I'll probably pull those mirrors off shortly and see if I can unload them locally through the forum. Shipping was fairly expensive to get them to me when I got them.
Old 07-21-2017, 06:12 AM
Village Sociopath

Originally Posted by carbinereloaded
Shipping was fairly expensive to get them to me when I got them.
Ya, I'd probably have better luck selling on Craigslist. When I got these shipped to me, there was no charge, but they came in quite a sizable package.

Trending Topics

Old 07-21-2017, 09:32 AM
Forks your lift

Received 105 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by johnday
The temp sensor AFAIK on all 12th gen trucks, is on the right side just in front of rad, just above and to the outside of the horns.
I'm going back to my stock mirrors in the next couple days.
MyTT mirrors have heat, power, piddlelights, and turns. No power fold or extend.
Don't know what shipping would be, but $100USD and shipping, and they're yours. PM me if interested.
would your mirrors work on my FX4 with power fold? if so i might be your huckleberry
Old 07-23-2017, 10:29 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

This caught my attention. I'm wanting to pick up some mirrors soon. I have turn signals, don't know how to tell if they're heated, what else do i need to know. I thought they'd all be plug and play.
Old 07-23-2017, 10:54 AM
Village Sociopath

Originally Posted by black5liter
This caught my attention. I'm wanting to pick up some mirrors soon. I have turn signals, don't know how to tell if they're heated, what else do i need to know. I thought they'd all be plug and play.
If your stock aeromirrors were heated, TT mirrors would be as well. If you were to buy a set without power fold, they would still work, just no powerfold.
Look on your HVAC control panel, if there's a little button that looks like a mirror with squigly lines on it, you've got heat.
Do the aeromirrors have powerfold?