Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Left turn signal stuck ON

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 09:08 AM
Weekend Warrior!

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Default Left turn signal stuck ON

So, I woke up this morning and went out to warm up my truck. It started right up, I cranked up the heat/defroster, and closed the door to go back in the house for more coffee. That's when I noticed the signal light on the mirror flicker. I stood there and watched for a few minutes; it flickered some more, then just started blinking as if it was on. I checked the lever, and it was in the center position. If I put the lever up (right), the right signal doesn't work at all. When it's in the center or down (left) the left is on.

Anyone? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...
Old 11-28-2012, 09:20 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Plan your routes very carefully!
Old 11-28-2012, 09:42 AM
better looking than geno

Received 275 Likes on 169 Posts

The flasher...
Old 11-28-2012, 10:34 AM

Received 68 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by Greg Owen
So, I woke up this morning and went out to warm up my truck. It started right up, I cranked up the heat/defroster, and closed the door to go back in the house for more coffee. That's when I noticed the signal light on the mirror flicker. I stood there and watched for a few minutes; it flickered some more, then just started blinking as if it was on. I checked the lever, and it was in the center position. If I put the lever up (right), the right signal doesn't work at all. When it's in the center or down (left) the left is on.

Anyone? Any ideas?

Thanks in advance...
How 'bout those custom running boards in your sig with the turn signals... wonder if they are grounding the signal wire or causing some such nonsense.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:41 AM
Weekend Warrior!

Originally Posted by CorvetteDreamin
How 'bout those custom running boards in your sig with the turn signals... wonder if they are grounding the signal wire or causing some such nonsense.
Close... a bad ground wire in the "mirror reflector-to-turn signal" mod. (I did the one where the LED's flash alternately of the OEM). All fixed now.

This emphasizes the importance of good, solid, insulated connections because vibrations can cause (will cause) issues later.
Old 11-28-2012, 10:42 AM

Received 68 Likes on 46 Posts

Close... a bad ground wire in the "mirror reflector-to-turn signal" mod. (I did the one where the LED's flash alternately of the OEM). All fixed now.

This emphasizes the importance of good, solid, insulated connections because vibrations can cause (will cause) issues later.
Well you didn't have THAT in your sig! Otherwise I would have guessed that. LOL!
The following users liked this post:
Greg Owen (11-28-2012)
Old 10-14-2016, 12:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Same problem

I have same problem. Signal (left ) stays on and signal( right) is off.
How can i fix it myself? Where is the ground wire?
Old 10-14-2016, 01:58 PM

Help
Old 10-14-2016, 01:58 PM

Default Same problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Owen View Post

I have same problem. Signal (left ) stays on and signal( right) is off.
How can i fix it myself? Where is the ground wire?
Old 10-14-2016, 08:07 PM
Weekend Warrior!

Did you do any mods involving the turn signals?? Mirror reflectors to signals?? If yes, check your own grounds first.

If not, start checking the individual ground wires at each turn signal bulb. Make sure you have solid connections.

One final check is up under the steering column. The turn signals are GROUND activated, not POWER activated (a common misconception). But getting up in that wire harness and checking could lead to a can of worms!

Check the easy obvious ground connections first.

Good luck!!

Quick Reply: Left turn signal stuck ON