Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather Seat Wrinkles Fix

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 08:51 PM
F150 Forum

Received 40 Likes on 38 Posts
Default Leather Seat Wrinkles Fix

I'm sure all of you are familiar with the wrinkles that form from people sliding on and off the leather seats. I tried my best never to slide off my seats. I attached a picture of the driver side and the passenger side. The passenger side is obviously worse because that's the seat people slide on. I am the only driver for the truck so I tried to keep my seat as best as possible. I always use the step and never slide off the seat. Anyways, I was wondering if any of you guys have a method for fixing the wrinkles from people sliding off the leather seats. I've seen people use a hair dryer. And I've also seen people say that if you apply leather conditioner daily, it will eventually go away and look like new. Just wondering if anyone has had any success with any methods to fix the seats. I think my seats are definitely the best I've seen from a 2011 F-150 (we can compare seats). But even the slight wrinkles are beginning to bother me. I'm pretty tight about not letting people slide off my seats. Let's compare seats and if y'all have any ways to fix them let us know!

Leather Seat Wrinkles Fix-image-1092543989.jpg

Leather Seat Wrinkles Fix-image-3639354003.jpg
Old 04-29-2014, 09:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I try to take good care of my seats too, but I think it's inevitable to get wrinkles. I don't have any methods, but I am definitely interested to see if anyone else has good ideas/methods.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:09 PM

Received 268 Likes on 165 Posts

Aside from one being reverse of the other, they look the same. I think you are over reacting a bit, but hey, I'm not paying for your truck, so have at it.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:21 PM

Received 482 Likes on 354 Posts

leather seats wrinkle over time ... no big deal ... just spend your efforts enjoying your truck instead of worrying about keeping the seats looking like nobody has ever sat in them.
The following users liked this post:
gtguyonli (04-30-2014)
Old 04-29-2014, 09:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I do the same thing and even make my girlfriend not slide on them. I have a 2012 and my seats still look new. My buddy bought a 2013 Raptor Demo truck and his seats look 5 years old already from people sliding in and out.
Old 04-29-2014, 11:32 PM

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Based on hardcore's recommendation I tried the chemical guys leather cleaner and conditioner spray... Hands down, the best results I have ever gotten from a leather product; and I have tried a lot of them.

I know some will say only use a drop of soap on a wett towel for the treated leather in these trucks, but I was never fond of the results.

Chemical guys brought back the factory gleem to these seats, spruced up the perforated portion of the FX seats, and really helped take the wrinkles out of the side bolsters. I have used it twice now, just takes a small amount, and produces great results each time. Plus the scent is not half bad either, no citrus smell like with other products.

Last edited by FX4life; 04-30-2014 at 07:05 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 12:05 AM

Received 698 Likes on 442 Posts

Being as impressed as I am with the Collinite 845 wax, I decided to try out the Collinite 855 Leather and Vinyl Wax. It sure cleans up and restores the leather seating, and makes them slipperier when wiggling around on them. So far I like the stuff.

But you really shouldn't be too concerned. Leather gets "personality" wrinkles over time, just like any leather product.

Can you just see the ad: "For Sale - 2013 F150. 150,000mi, power everything. Have had lots of fun wearing this truck out over the years. But the seats look like new!!!"

Just enjoy your truck. I'm ****, but you take the cake
Old 04-30-2014, 08:34 AM

Received 196 Likes on 163 Posts

Wink

I'm OCD about keeping my truck cleaned and shined. Been that way with all my cars. Unless it's raining she gets the California duster before each drive. A spray-n-shine weekly, or as needed. And I even have a separate duster for the chrome rims. Yea, OCD at it's best....I have an '11 Lariat with the Adobe leather interior. I'm usually the only one in my truck 90% of the time. My passenger side gets used very little. On occasion, generally my sister riding with me out to West Virginia. Or my other sister who occasionally joins me for some car club events. The back of the truck has had passengers less than I can count on one hand. Last Feb. I attempted to clean the leather for the first time on my seat. Did a lot searching on the forums. Decided to use the Lexol leather cleaner. Got a bucket of warm water, a sponge, a Mr. Clean magic eraser, and a lot of hand towels. I dipped the sponge in the water and gave it squeeze, then sprayed some Lexol on it, pumped it till it lathered, then gently did a section at a time. The first rinse of the sponge was unreal. I wiped the seat with a warm wet (not soaking) towel in between spongeings. Then wiped it with a dry towel when I was done. The effect was immediate. Once I had the entire seat done I applied Lexol conditioner. It did an amazing job. I really didn't realize just how dirty the seat was. It looked a little dark and dull compared to the passenger side, but Wow. I keep Meguire's leather conditioner swipes and spray handy in the bed of the truck with other cleaning "stuff". I wipe and clean the seat surfaces often. Well after a year the seat cushion was starting to look a little dark, and a few small cracks were starting to appear on the outer edge of the bolster. I'm sure from my rather large......Ness?. But it didn't look nearly as bad as it did last year. So I went out and did it again this past week. The first rinsing of the sponge made the water very dark. So I went thru the process of cleaning. But when it was time to apply conditioner I decided to try something new. I bought and tried the Mothers Leather cream. I did a small area under the bolster and let it sit over night. Came out the next morning and it looked fine. So I went ahead and did the seat with it. It's a creamy jell, and wipes on with a supplied application sponge. I gotta tell ya, it was soaking it up. I did a section and then polished it with a towel. I didn't know what to expect. I wasn't using the truck for another day or so, so I let it sit. I went out yesterday and the cracks had all but disappeared. They are still visible, but barely. The main problem I've been having with the leather is, the front of the seat cushion, in the center of the seat in the perforated section, gets really wrinkled. I'm a big heavy guy. But now it's all but gone. I expect them to reappear as I am still rather Large. It's raining it's butt off. As soon as I can I'll post some pics. Some from last year, and how it looks now. Wish I had thought about doing a few before pics. Just wasn't thinking......

Last edited by Scarlet; 04-30-2014 at 08:37 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:20 AM
American member

Received 1,059 Likes on 844 Posts

Good tips.
I was a little surprised how fast the wrinkles appeared. I'd say within a week they started.

Last edited by Masi1926; 05-01-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:21 AM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by FX4life
Based on hardcore's recommendation I tried the chemical guys leather cleaner and conditioner spray... Hands down, the best results I have ever gotten from a leather product; and I have tried a lot of them.

I know some will say only use a drop of soap on a wett towel for the treated leather in these trucks, but I was never fond of the results.

Chemical guys brought back the factory gleem to these seats, spruced up the perforated portion of the FX seats, and really helped take the wrinkles out of the side bolsters. I have used it twice now, just takes a small amount, and produces great results each time. Plus the scent is not half bad either, no citrus smell like with other products.
This is the stuff I use. Good smell and works great on the leather.

Quick Reply: Leather Seat Wrinkles Fix