Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

leaky power steering hose part on backorder?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 02:36 PM

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Default leaky power steering hose part on backorder?

The power steering hose that stretches across the lower front part of my 5.4 engine is leaking from the fittings. So far it hasn't dripped fluid on the ground or caused any steering issues. This seems to be somewhat of a common problem based on reading various F150 forums.

anyways, I took the truck to my dealer in the first week of August. They said the hose was on national backorder and would let me know when it comes in. Well, it's been 10 weeks and they still don't have the part!

Anyone else have this problem recently with their hose and how long did it take to get a new hose from Ford? Based on past forum postings, some people reported it took 2 or 3 weeks, but geez, 10 weeks and counting is a bit much!
Old 12-21-2011, 11:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just took my truck in at the beginning of December and have been told they don't know where to get a hose. I also had a leaking transmission that I had to force them to fix before taking the truck from the dealer. Have you received your repair yet?
Old 08-27-2012, 08:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Power Steering Line Explanation

I work for a private organization that has a fleet of f150's, we currently have 3 trucks down due to this power steering issue. At the moment, one has leaks, the other 2 have little to no power steering response and have already ruined one pump and rack and pinion. Within that hose is an orifice tube (restricts flow to the rack and pinion to keep from pushing out seals). This regulator valve/orifice tube is a major issue. If you notice that your power steering reservoir looks like "boiling water" and not calm, that’s an indication that the valve has been stuck open. If you see other threads with similar issues please pass it along. Ford is not issuing a TSB for some reason and between the leaks, destroyed pumps and racks, and labour costs many customers are spending their hard earned money on a problem that is obviously a manufacturing or design flaw. This should be taken care of by warranty, but for most, it will not be.

Quick Reply: leaky power steering hose part on backorder?