Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leading Edge Tuning 87perf 5.0 Tune Review

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2014, 11:25 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Leading Edge Tuning 87perf 5.0 Tune Review

A couple of weeks ago I was having issues with a certain tuning company not following through with their promises. At that time Erick at leading edge tuning offered to tune my truck free of charge just because he hated to see customers treated that way.

2 days later he sends me an 87 performance tune for the 5.0 in my truck. I sent him my info late in the day on friday and he had the tune for me monday morning and he also sent me a datalog config file.

I had a few issues with getting the datalog process going, called Erick and he talked me through it. So I loaded the tune and started the logging.

I could instantly feel no delay in throttle response and the truck seemed to effortlessly gain speed. You notice the change is drastic. When you stomp on the throttle it really does put you back in the seat. The truck pulls hard all the way to 100mph which is the fastest I got the truck to, and it was still pulling hard at that speed.

Initially I had some issues with the 3-4th gear shift and Erick worked the tune for a week, sending me revisions and checking my logs until everything was perfect. Even after it was perfect he still followed up with me to make sure I loved it.

I cant recommend Erick at leading edge tuning enough. Some of you guys are probably thinking that I am doing this because he did the tune for free and this was part of the deal. After the effort and the top notch customer service, I paid him today for the tune. If someone asks me where to go, ill send them Ericks way because I will be going back as well. You wont find another tuner out there that cares more about making customers happy.

Are there other tunes out there that are faster? I wouldn't know, but I know for a fact that this tune is plenty fast for driving on the street. I drive a dodge for work with a hemi and my f150 would smoke a stock hemi. The dodge is gutless after 80mph, the leading edge tune definetly is not.

I dont know what else to say, you really cant go wrong with contacting erick@leadingedgetuning.com, he is a vendor on this forum. Or go to www.leadingedgetuning.com. Do your research, there is plenty of talk out there about less than happy customers from the other guys. You wont find any from Erick.
The following users liked this post:
redneck wrencher (03-23-2014)
Old 03-23-2014, 11:36 PM

Received 87 Likes on 54 Posts

Glad to hear Erick got it worked out for you. I'm always glad to see a thread that has a positive ending. Thanks for the update.
Old 03-27-2014, 10:45 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

No problem. Im glad Erick sent me the tune and took it apon himself to correct a wrong that he didnt cause, and he expected nothing in return. Top notch guy in my book.

Quick Reply: Leading Edge Tuning 87perf 5.0 Tune Review