Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Labor day weekend purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 07:44 AM
Future EBFX4 Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Labor day weekend purchase?

This weekend I hope to finally be able to add an ecoBoost F-150 to my driveway. Who else is planning on adding a new f150 this weekend?
Old 08-31-2011, 07:53 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

congrats - I picked mine up Civic long weekend (Canada) so let's just say I'm good this weekend.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was told there will be new incentives come out on the 4th. So if your not finding deals this weekend, prices are just going to go down on the 2011s.
Best of Luck & don't forget to look on this site for buying tips!

Just in case you don't know....One quick one is, if you sign up for a brochure, and give your email, you will be in Ford's data base system for a $750 coupon "private cash". You will not have to receive the brochure, just get the dealer to check the data base.
Hope this helps
Old 08-31-2011, 09:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketEngineer
Just in case you don't know....One quick one is, if you sign up for a brochure, and give your email, you will be in Ford's data base system for a $750 coupon "private cash". You will not have to receive the brochure, just get the dealer to check the data base.
Hope this helps
Nice tip. Missed that one when I bought my FX4.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:34 AM
ETTYOCEO ®

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

If you are going to buy a "Special" trim level those coupons are no good. Harley, Raptor and Limited.

A month ago they had a financing incentive straight from Ford Credit that will get you $1000 off. The dealer can actually take the grand and push it towards the cost of the truck and make the cash. I got my truck under invoice. The APR is higher with Ford but you can refinance in 4 months for a lower APR with your bank or preferred financial institution.

Good luck!
Old 08-31-2011, 11:47 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Little know fact on the dealership line that you have to make 3 or 4 payments before refinancing. IT IS A LIE. There is nothing in the Ford loan contract that requires any payments be made to FMC, you could pay Ford cash for it the next day if you like. You can walk out the door, drive down the road and refinance it and not make one payment to Ford. I did that when I bought my 09 FX4 Screw and I am going to do it again when my 11 FX4 Screw comes in.
Old 08-31-2011, 12:00 PM
ETTYOCEO ®

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cgdemakis
Little know fact on the dealership line that you have to make 3 or 4 payments before refinancing. IT IS A LIE. There is nothing in the Ford loan contract that requires any payments be made to FMC, you could pay Ford cash for it the next day if you like. You can walk out the door, drive down the road and refinance it and not make one payment to Ford. I did that when I bought my 09 FX4 Screw and I am going to do it again when my 11 FX4 Screw comes in.
I recall signing something in regards to waiting. I might have to pull the paperwork and read the fine print. Thanks cgdemakis!

Trending Topics

Old 08-31-2011, 12:24 PM

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Finally! :P These trucks have been on sale all year long, and you are just now getting one????
Old 08-31-2011, 12:46 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I bought my '11 Lariat last Saturday while hurricane Irene was blowing thru. The Labor Day incentives were out last weekend. The $1000 trade-in incentive is out for this holiday or at least in Virginia. It is my understanding the dealership does not get credit for FMCC's $1000 rebate if three payments aren't made and have to absorb the $1000. I mentioned my extra cost of the increase in the interest rate during the purchase and got the interest amount plus $100 off the agreed upon price.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:40 PM
BOOMER-SOONER!!

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 2011 Limited #3002
I recall signing something in regards to waiting. I might have to pull the paperwork and read the fine print. Thanks cgdemakis!
I refinanced mine after 1 month, only paid Ford Motor Credit (FMC) one monthly payment. When I spoke with multiple reps at FMC they all told me that there is no such thing, nothing to stop you from paying off your loan or to take away your $1000 incentive.

My dealership said that it was so all of the paperwork/documentation could get cleared and finalized. If your state does electronic titles then it only takes a few days for FMC to receive your title for the lien. Otherwise states that do not do electronic titles tend to take a few weeks for FMC to receive your title to finalize the lien.

Last edited by BOOMER-Red; 08-31-2011 at 01:46 PM.

Quick Reply: Labor day weekend purchase?