Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kicker PT10

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Kicker PT10

Anyone have any experience with a Kicker PT10 powered subwoofer? Looks like it would fit under the passenger side rear seat in a supercrew. Best Buy has them for $250. Thinking this would be a pretty easy upgrade.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Kicker+-...2057&st=kicker pt 10&cp=1&lp=1
Old 06-28-2011, 10:34 PM

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I was looking into this also but was wondering how you would get the signal to it. COuld you run it from the stock one somehow?
Old 06-29-2011, 02:10 PM

I decided to be the guinea pig with this. I bought one this morning and am installing it this afternoon. I'll try to post a couple pics when I'm done. It looks like it fits perfectly under the passengers side rear seat. I have the PAC AOEM-FRD 24 adapter that I'm using for the wiring. The subwoofer does not have RCA connections so it can only be done using speaker level inputs. You don't need the adapter but I didn't want to cut any of my factory wiring harness.

I'm not looking to blow the windows out of my pickup, just want a little better sound.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:14 PM
Architect

Received 117 Likes on 65 Posts

Take pictures as you go... let us know how it turns out.
Old 06-29-2011, 02:21 PM
2011 Harley Davidson AWD

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by reward69
I was looking into this also but was wondering how you would get the signal to it. COuld you run it from the stock one somehow?
I had a local car audio shop install a Punch P2 10" and Fosgate 300w mono amp. They made a custom box for the sub and put it in place of the factory sub box. Signal was taken from the factory sub wiring harness underneath the rear passenger seat. Amp was mounted behind the rear passenger seat.

Only negative to tying into that harness is that the factory head unit reduces the bass when the volume is above 50%. I need to add a signal processor to fix that.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:10 PM

Got it installed in my 2010 Lariat Supercrew. Overall I'm pretty happy with it. It fits nice considering it isn't vehicle specific. I have the Ford rubber floor mats which makes it a little tight with the seat down. Without the mats it would fit a little easier. The wire harness that comes with the Kicker is plenty long, even had a few extra feet.

I did all my wire splicing on my PAC adapter harness so I didn't have to cut any of my factory wires. The Kicker harness has a ground, power, remote turn on and 4 speaker wires. I had to extend the ground a little and used the wingnut for the jack hold down under the seat for my grounding point. I added a few locking washers to get a good connection. The rest of the harness I ran down the passenger side under the door sills. There is a ton of space behind the glove box, I zip tied the harness to a couple metal brackets and routed it above the glove box and down behind the passenger side kick panel. I'm not real happy with having the wires viewable from the side of the box like they are but there isn't much you can do about it. I will dress up the harness a little with some wire loom or zip ties just to make it look a little more organized. I do like how easy it will be to remove if I need to haul something.

Now to the important part, the sound. I listen mostly to hard rock and I like tight hard hitting bass. It's a little boomy and muddy for my taste. I have the gain and crossover turned way down and that helps. Overall it's a huge improvement over stock and I would recommend it. I have Infinity Kappas in the doors running off the head unit and it sounds good enough for me. Here are some pics.

Last edited by bkrug92; 06-29-2011 at 08:41 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 08:40 PM

Last edited by bkrug92; 06-29-2011 at 08:45 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:55 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Do you happen to have any pics of the adapter; etc? I'm curious as to how you used the PAC adapter since the PT10 doesn't use RCA cables for sound.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:33 PM

I didn't use the black box or the rca's. The 2 brown clips go between the back of the head unit and the factory harness that used to plug into the back of the head unit. I didn't have to use this, I just didn't want to cut into my wiring, I can always just unplug this harness and plug the factory plug back into the radio. The Kicker PT10's harness requires that you use both rear channels, so 4 speaker wires, a remote turn on, power and a ground for a total of 7 connections. The Pac harness comes with a list of what every wire goes to. You just find the rear left and right, postiive and negative, splice them into the PT10 harness and that's it. Hope this answers your question.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:43 PM

I installed a pioneer 10 sub with a amp in my screw and sounds great. Used a hi/lo converter for the amp and everything worked great. Here is a picture of what I got. Fits perfectly under the seat.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ount/TS-SWX251

Quick Reply: Kicker PT10