Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just pulled the trigger, 2012 FX4 SCREW

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2012, 09:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just pulled the trigger, 2012 FX4 SCREW

I've been lurking for a few weeks getting info on pricing, options, etc. Thanks for all the help, never asked a question but there's alot of great info on here using search.

Picked up my 2012 5.0 SCrew FX4
FX Lux Package
Moonroof
FX 20" Rims
Really most everything but the Nav, which is good with me.

MSRP 46,275
Got $8,929 total off with haggling that includes $3250 in rebates.

My trade in pulled it together, after they wouldn't budge an inch on the truck I went back on the trade and worked $3.6 in equity on it. I was working with 3 dealerships and the others wouldn't come close on the trade in value.

Glad I had a 3 day weekend to pull this together.

I'm pumped

Old 05-28-2012, 09:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice looking truck. You'll love it. Congrats.
Old 05-28-2012, 10:18 PM
Batmobile

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

There's one identical to yours at a Ford dealership in my town.. I was looking at it the other night and mind you I had drool falling from my mouth.. Lol sweet truck man
Old 05-28-2012, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by WarEagle
I've been lurking for a few weeks getting info on pricing, options, etc. Thanks for all the help, never asked a question but there's alot of great info on here using search.

Picked up my 2012 5.0 SCrew FX4
FX Lux Package
Moonroof
FX 20" Rims
Really most everything but the Nav, which is good with me.

MSRP 46,275
Got $8,929 total off with haggling that includes $3250 in rebates.

My trade in pulled it together, after they wouldn't budge an inch on the truck I went back on the trade and worked $3.6 in equity on it. I was working with 3 dealerships and the others wouldn't come close on the trade in value.

Glad I had a 3 day weekend to pull this together.

I'm pumped

Nice! I am in the market for a similar truck so I've read your post with particular interest.. I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean when you say the trade pulled it together. Were they holding at full MSRP until you brought in your trade? Thank!
Old 05-28-2012, 11:15 PM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Nice truck wish u got the appearance package. And took the sticker off.
Old 05-29-2012, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by mustangtexas
Nice! I am in the market for a similar truck so I've read your post with particular interest.. I'm not quite sure I understand what you mean when you say the trade pulled it together. Were they holding at full MSRP until you brought in your trade? Thank!
The price on the truck was great by itself. We worked that over email for awhile, then a little when I was there. They were already giving me a a little over KBB "good" on my trade. When they bumped the trade up $700 in the finance office, it was a done deal. Plus the APR came in less than I thought as well.
Old 05-29-2012, 08:31 AM

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Nice!!
Old 05-29-2012, 09:39 AM

Very nice choice. I bought practically the same truck yesterday, but different wheels and mine has Nav. I'm a little jealous of your wheels though. I looked all over and couldn't find one around here with those wheels. It really chaps me that Ford puts the white walls out, so I negotiated the dealer switching my tires around so the black walls are showing. As soon as I get the call to go in and have em switched, I'm there. Gorgeous truck though, congrats!!!
Attached Thumbnails Just pulled the trigger,  2012 FX4 SCREW-truck.jpg  
Old 05-29-2012, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by CMFT
It really chaps me that Ford puts the white walls out, so I negotiated the dealer switching my tires around so the black walls are showing. As soon as I get the call to go in and have em switched, I'm there. Gorgeous truck though, congrats!!!
Looking good. Yeah the whites are out, I should have asked before I left to swap them. I'll ask this week and see if they can for free. Who knows, if not I'll clean em up and be fine.
Old 05-29-2012, 10:34 AM

What did you think of the V8 vs. the EB? Yesterday was my first time driving either. I thought the EB had a ton of pep and when I mashed the gas, it took off immediately. The V8 feels like a V8, sounds like one, and I expect it to act like one. I think I would have been happy with either, but my dealer had the truck I wanted with the options I wanted, in the V8. So I took it. I could have gone to another dealer, as there are several here in the DFW metroplex, but this dealer is 5 min from my house and will be doing all of my service, so I wanted to start the relationship off right.

If it helps any, my sales guy called service and they quoted him $100 in labor to do the switch, so it won't cost the new car group much to have it done. Hopefully they'll do it for you.

Quick Reply: Just pulled the trigger, 2012 FX4 SCREW