Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iPhone & Sync: Accessory is not optimized..

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2010, 09:36 AM

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to start a new thread but it seems the last iphone/sync thread has veered in another direction. I have an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2.1 and I'm having two minor annoying issues with the phone after I turn the truck off.

I keep getting a message which says "This accessory is not optimized for iPhone" once I've shut the truck off and moved away. It pops up for hours afterwards. Along with this, if I try to play any music through the speakers on the iPhone no joy. This had never happened before using sync, and I've used loads of other accessories both bluetooth and dock connector style.

If anyone else has any advice on how to fix this issue the help would be appreciated. Thanks gang and Merry Christmas!

Last edited by Schmidbc; 12-24-2010 at 09:57 AM.
Old 12-24-2010, 10:30 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I can't help but am interested due to my impending iPhone purchase in January! How do you like the phone? I'm moving from a blackberry and hoping I am making the right decision. Blackberry and sync are flawless.
Old 12-24-2010, 12:45 PM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by baldy500
I can't help but am interested due to my impending iPhone purchase in January! How do you like the phone? I'm moving from a blackberry and hoping I am making the right decision. Blackberry and sync are flawless.
do you have any friends with the iphone? I would go check one out before you sign a 2 year contract, blackberrys are way better and more functional for my wants/needs. Of course I have the blackberry tour, which is the best one. the blackberry pearls and storms suck and I have some friends with curves and they arent quite as good as my tour, but ive compared the tour to the iphone and some droids and the tour is far better. Im interested in checking out the blackberry torch, unfortunately its on AT&Ts crap network, so will have to see how that goes, probably stick with my tour on verizon.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:00 PM
Okie Coupe

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

It appears that the iphone 2.0 is compatable with Ford Sync. Maybe there are some instructions here that may help. If not, you may be able to contact Ford Sync Support for assistance with your iPhone 4 running iOS 4.2.1.

Last edited by shortride; 12-24-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 01:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With your engine running try removing the Fuse to the Sync system, it is on passenger side kick wall. Leave out for a few minutes and then replace, this helped mine. Some of the recent iOS updates did not jive with Sync which left some issues behind in the system.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had some minor issues with my iphone 4 a while back. I deleted it in sync, and then re-paired it. Have had no issues since.
Old 12-24-2010, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Re sync the phone. Delete it from sync and then reconnect. I'm running 4.2.1 and no problems. You'll like the iphone compared to a crackberry.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As the others stated either re-pair the phone after deleting from the devices in Sync or you can try doing a restore on your phone. I've done all the updates since 4.0 on my iPhone 4 and have not had any issues with Sync. I guess I should ask though, are you pairing using Bluetooth or the cable? As for Blackberry, they make decent coasters or skipping stones, I have several laying around.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:50 PM

Received 251 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by SultanGris
do you have any friends with the iphone? I would go check one out before you sign a 2 year contract, blackberrys are way better and more functional for my wants/needs. Of course I have the blackberry tour, which is the best one. the blackberry pearls and storms suck and I have some friends with curves and they arent quite as good as my tour, but ive compared the tour to the iphone and some droids and the tour is far better. Im interested in checking out the blackberry torch, unfortunately its on AT&Ts crap network, so will have to see how that goes, probably stick with my tour on verizon.
Do they even make Blackberries any more? Everyone I know that used one switched to the iphone or a windows smartphone a while ago.

My iphone works well running 4.2.1. Try the suggestions listed above.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:52 PM

Received 366 Likes on 284 Posts

It simply amazes me how many uneducated people fall for all the hype and advertising and think the Iphone is the best. Apple products suck compared to their competitors, plain and simple. Sure they might work for what you want them to do but if you look at the big picture they are half as useful and cost more than a comparable phone, lol! It might be better than a low end blackberry and a low end droid, but you get the best blackberry or the best droid its going to be cost comparable to the iphone and twice as functional. I dare anyone to compare an iphone to a good droid or blackberry. Granted a blackberry is a whole different animal and if you like the iphone for the worthless stupid apps you are gonna like the droid way better than a blackberry. However blackberry has all the good and worthwhile apps and is better for someone who wants a smartphone for reasons other than to play games on it. I prefer blackberry to a droid myself, but all my apple fanboy friends who used to have an iphone and just loved it and switched to droid say that the droids are way better than crappy iphones. Do some research and actually compare it to the competition before you come on here spouting off. Look at how over half the people on this board spell, do you really think its smart people out there buying iphones? haha!

Quick Reply: iPhone & Sync: Accessory is not optimized..