Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Introduction and Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 12:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile Introduction and Questions!

Hey y'all. My name is Zach and I live in Baton Rouge and attend LSU as a full-time student. I have always been a Dodge fan boy and have had several throughout the years. After some thinking, I drove home a 2011 F150 Platinum last week and haven't looked back yet. I went to the dealership with the intention of test driving a Ecoboost but drove away with a 6.2 Plat.

I am bringing my truck tomorrow morning to get the windows tinted, 15% front and 20% over rear windshield. I also want to add a leveling kit and exhaust in the next week or so. Here come the questions!

I have searched and searched this forum and plenty of others but I am still uncertain about leveling kits. I know that I want a AS kit but am uncertain about the size. With my engine being a 6.2, it is heavier than the 3.5 and 5.0, would I be better with a 2" front and 3" rear or 2.5" front and 3" rear? I have access to my dads 1 ton for heavy hauling so I am not worried about being butt high and would rather be close to level.

Again, I have searched for this answer but to no avail, exhaust. I have always ran full catback systems on my Rams but I would like to just replace the muffler on this one, for the time being. Does anybody have a 18" or 14" Magnaflow on their truck or can recommend a muffler that would sound deep and throaty but not overly loud?

I appreciate all the ideas and help to come, Zach.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:14 AM
TTV6>V8

Received 280 Likes on 194 Posts

Welcome man, what id recommend would be a 2.5 level in the front and do a 1" rise or 3" spacer to replace the 2" spacer. Shouldn't affect towing that much by the way.
Old 08-12-2011, 01:23 AM

I tried to measure the rear spacer tonight, but in a cramped garage at night it wasn't the easiest. It appears to be roughly 1.5". My heights are: 37" front and 39" rear. It seems that the 2" front would be perfect but I have heard that the 2" AS actually gives more than 2". I am worried that the 3" rear would add too much height to the rear.

I have seen houndreds of pictures and read millions of post about this subject but when it comes down to doing my own truck, I want to make sure I do it right
Old 08-12-2011, 11:32 PM

Friendly Bump To Top!

Any more ideas and suggestions are appreciated!
Old 08-13-2011, 12:06 AM
TTV6>V8

Received 280 Likes on 194 Posts

On a side note, maybe this will help. I have the 5.4 but i dont think the weight of the 6.2 will affect the "rake" of the truck that bad and from personal experience with friends leveling there trucks. A 2.5" leveling kit and a 3" block to replace your factory 2" block in the rear should make your truck perfectly level or so damn close you wont be able to tell. Even a 2" level would be close.

Quick Reply: Introduction and Questions!