Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instrument gauge mod

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2012, 08:15 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Instrument gauge mod

As anyone changed there instrument gauges background or colors where the speed and oil and stuff is?? I would like to make 2010 stx gauges white or something like some upgraded models have. Any info or pics appreciated.
Old 02-22-2012, 09:17 PM

I found blue LED lights on eBay that say they just replace the bulbs behind speedometer and stuff but not sure if that will work.

Also what I'm actually trying to do is get the while gauge panel like the lariats have.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by weeks21
As anyone changed there instrument gauges background or colors where the speed and oil and stuff is?? I would like to make 2010 stx gauges white or something like some upgraded models have. Any info or pics appreciated.
I would like to know that as well. In most daylight conditions there is so much glare that you can't read the instruments and that includes to area where the radio, time and direction info is.
I had sometime back contacted an outfit called "White Face Gauges" I think it can be goggled but at the time there were none being made because the 2010 was to new. They take a wrecked truck, buy the dash or instrument cluster and then if there is any demand out there, make white overlays. There is an outfit here that will do the work for about $140 but I don't think that addresses the radio cluster only the tach, speedo, oil, temp etc gauges. That's been about 8 months ago and I haven't checked back to see if they are being made yet.
Old 02-23-2012, 09:04 AM

Ok I'll check it out. Yea the only thing in wanting is the speed. Tach. Oil you know just the panel behind steering wheel.

Quick Reply: Instrument gauge mod