Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Instrument Cluster Dead

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2018, 11:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Instrument Cluster Dead

I have a 2010 F-150. The instrument cluster starting going dead about a month ago. If the Dash above the instruments was hit hard the cluster would come back on. Now that does not work. Instruments are dead. However, the truck still cranks like normal and runs just fine. Any suggestions??
Old 03-06-2018, 11:54 AM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by markcrisp
I have a 2010 F-150. The instrument cluster starting going dead about a month ago. If the Dash above the instruments was hit hard the cluster would come back on. Now that does not work. Instruments are dead. However, the truck still cranks like normal and runs just fine. Any suggestions??
Pull the cluster and check the connector for corrosion.
The following users liked this post:
BCMIF150 (03-06-2018)
Old 03-07-2018, 11:24 AM
F150 Forum

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by markcrisp
We are vendors on the site and we do diagnostics services if you want to send the cluster in to us. If it is not repairable, we can get you a refurbished replacement cluster that is programmed to your current mileage, if you are interested.

Give us a call today if you have any questions. We are happy to help you out! 262-456-4147. Hope to help out if we can!
Old 05-21-2022, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

by chance, you ever get this solved? I recently bought a 2010 f150 xlt and my insttument cluster died out of the blue. cleaned all contacts, with the IC, resoldered board on pin connection, still dead. truck starts and everything else seems to run fine besides what sounds like a servo behind radio unit. there a guttural click that sounds off for about 3 seconds then stops.
Old 05-22-2022, 10:43 PM

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by BadLuckWithCars
by chance, you ever get this solved? I recently bought a 2010 f150 xlt and my insttument cluster died out of the blue. cleaned all contacts, with the IC, resoldered board on pin connection, still dead. truck starts and everything else seems to run fine besides what sounds like a servo behind radio unit. there a guttural click that sounds off for about 3 seconds then stops.
i have come across other post with this problem and most always ended up being hairline cracks around solder joints that are a easy fix by just re melting the solder on the bad joint. Hardest part is locating the hairline crack.

Quick Reply: Instrument Cluster Dead