Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Inside Door Handle Sprung!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 02:02 PM
awh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thumbs down Inside Door Handle Sprung!

So I was getting out of my 2009 Lariat when I pulled the inside driver's side door handle. I heard and felt a spring (or something springlike) pop and the handle started loosely flopping around in the frame. The door still opens fine but the handle is not snug/flush) against the door now.

Taking it in next week to see what happened.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:25 PM

back to the stealership u go
Old 06-17-2010, 11:38 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah i just had my doorhandle replaced b/c of the same thing! it took a full week for the dealership to get the handle and give me my truck! Its like it gets in a bind and then just snaps....it did it twice to me before i had a chance to take it in!
Old 06-17-2010, 11:45 PM

Looks like a lesson to be learned from this post...grab the supplied grip under the handle and not the handle itself eh....nice to know that these things are a little flimsy.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:05 AM
awh

Originally Posted by KCK_Fireman
Looks like a lesson to be learned from this post...grab the supplied grip under the handle and not the handle itself eh....nice to know that these things are a little flimsy.
Note - This was just to open (unlatch) the door when it popped. Not pulling on the handle to close it at all. Not even using that much force.

Interesting that I'm not alone. I think I'll make sure they get the parts ordered before I leave it with them. No way I'm going without for a week!
Old 06-18-2010, 10:21 AM

yeah i was pretty pissed that i didnt have my truck for a full week just because of a door handle! Dealerships are such a joke...
Old 06-18-2010, 11:15 AM

who knows what supplier ford selected for those components.

either a small part broke off of your handle interior, or the spring itself failed.

the components used are surprisingly simple- i would have thought that more strength would have been built into those items.
Old 06-27-2010, 11:23 AM
awh

UPDATE! Based on what TCREAMER said about having to wait a week for parts, I decided to stop by the dealership yesterday and ask if they would have to order the parts needed. Surprise! Not only did they have the parts in stock, they went ahead and took the truck in and had it fixed in about an hour while I waited!

Where was this great service you might ask? North Central Ford in Richardson TX!

So I guess not all dealerships are created equal!
Old 06-27-2010, 07:58 PM

Thats awesome! The stealerships around me are all just a bunch of jokes...I am still opening my door very cautiously to make sure i dont break it again.

Quick Reply: Inside Door Handle Sprung!