Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injen CAI cold air intake for 4.6L 2v

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2011, 04:33 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Injen CAI cold air intake for 4.6L 2v

Well I installed my injen cai for my 2010 scab 4.6L 2v that Santa brought me. I figured I would do a write up after a few consistent travel days for MPG changes. I'm thinking I will have it posted by Tuesday or so. Merry Christmas guys!!!
Attached Thumbnails Injen CAI cold air intake for 4.6L 2v-image-485047626.jpg  
Old 12-25-2011, 05:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome let us know how that works out for you. I have a 4.6 3 valve and am thinking on an intake. Is like to know how your truck likes the CAI.
Old 12-25-2011, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by DanPJR
Awesome let us know how that works out for you. I have a 4.6 3 valve and am thinking on an intake. Is like to know how your truck likes the CAI.
Right off the back you can tell the truck loves it. I've noticed a fairly good gain in pick up and sound coming out the dual exhaust. As of now I'm getting 8.8 MGP but that's about a 1/2 mile consisting of hot laps around the neighborhood.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:15 PM
Automotive Refinish Tech

Received 1,747 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Originally Posted by NewBlue2010
Right off the back you can tell the truck loves it. I've noticed a fairly good gain in pick up and sound coming out the dual exhaust. As of now I'm getting 8.8 MGP but that's about a 1/2 mile consisting of hot laps around the neighborhood.
I believe i have the exact same truck as you...except mine is red. Let me know how you make out with the mpg...8.8 is scary...considering i get a solid 17-18 mixed mpg now.
Old 01-05-2012, 12:34 PM

So I've had the cai in since Christmas day. After a few weeks of solid, realistic, everyday driving (not hammering down every take off) I can report on MPG's and performance.

Having the 4.6L 2v in my 2010 Scab any kind of performance upgrade would be somewhat noticeable. The cai definitely has given the truck more power and pickup. Not so much that I feel like I'm driving a coyote but enough to tell a difference for sure. The exhaust sounds different as well. I had duals prior to the cai install and now they have more rumble and girth when hitting the gas. They still maintain the legit horsepower sound, no cheapo exhaust jobs here.

Unfortunately the cai has robbed me of about one MPG, going from 16.7 to 15.9. I do feel like I could get a little better MPG out of the truck but gassing it and hearing that cai is well worth it. Too much fun.

Installation was fairly easy and simple. Sadly I had a little too much eggnog Christmas morning and forgot to take pics of the install job. Sorry guys.

As of now I can say that overall I'm pretty pleased with the injen cai. One thing I do HIGHLY recommend is getting the hydro shield if you go with an injen product, or fabricating some kind of shield for what ever intake you go with. I have found a very small amount of moisture in the bottom of the housing after driving in heavy rain. I live at the beach so moisture and sand are a huge threat to that dry filter (yes it's a dry filter that comes with it). I would definitely recommend this for all engines and trucks. Some people believe its a waste of money and the gotts mod is the a better bet. Not the case at all.
Attached Thumbnails Injen CAI cold air intake for 4.6L 2v-image-2228872625.jpg   Injen CAI cold air intake for 4.6L 2v-image-2385937011.jpg  
Old 01-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Automotive Refinish Tech

So I've had the cai in since Christmas day. After a few weeks of solid, realistic, everyday driving (not hammering down every take off) I can report on MPG's and performance.

Having the 4.6L 2v in my 2010 Scab any kind of performance upgrade would be somewhat noticeable. The cai definitely has given the truck more power and pickup. Not so much that I feel like I'm driving a coyote but enough to tell a difference for sure. The exhaust sounds different as well. I had duals prior to the cai install and now they have more rumble and girth when hitting the gas. They still maintain the legit horsepower sound, no cheapo exhaust jobs here.

Unfortunately the cai has robbed me of about one MPG, going from 16.7 to 15.9. I do feel like I could get a little better MPG out of the truck but gassing it and hearing that cai is well worth it. Too much fun.

Installation was fairly easy and simple. Sadly I had a little too much eggnog Christmas morning and forgot to take pics of the install job. Sorry guys.

As of now I can say that overall I'm pretty pleased with the injen cai. One thing I do HIGHLY recommend is getting the hydro shield if you go with an injen product, or fabricating some kind of shield for what ever intake you go with. I have found a very small amount of moisture in the bottom of the housing after driving in heavy rain. I live at the beach so moisture and sand are a huge threat to that dry filter (yes it's a dry filter that comes with it). I would definitely recommend this for all engines and trucks. Some people believe its a waste of money and the gotts mod is the a better bet. Not the case at all.
When you installed it, did you disconnect the battery? I hear that you have to do that, so it will reset the computer. I'm just curious
Old 01-05-2012, 01:00 PM

Yes that's the very first thing I did. And the instructions said to do it first too. Hah.

Trending Topics

Old 01-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Automotive Refinish Tech

Yes that's the very first thing I did. And the instructions said to do it first too. Hah.
Haha!! Ok cool, I know some people haven't done that, and then their truck runs extra lean
Old 01-05-2012, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by mbullock

Haha!! Ok cool, I know some people haven't done that, and then their truck runs extra lean
I have a friend that forgot to unhook his battery on his 2006 f350 while installing his cai. He had an engine light on until he reset the CPU with a battery pull.
Old 06-23-2013, 09:21 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

old thread where u buy that cai

Quick Reply: Injen CAI cold air intake for 4.6L 2v