Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: If you have a 2013 and MFT with NAV, do you think it was worth it?
Yes, I like it and would buy the NAV option again.
79.17%
No, I wish I bought my truck with the MFT screen but without NAV.
20.83%
Voters: 72. You may not vote on this poll

If you have a 2013 with Nav, is it worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 09:13 AM

Received 374 Likes on 228 Posts

Default If you have a 2013 with Nav, is it worth it?

For those with a 2013 and My Ford Touch with NAV, do you think it is worth it? Or would you buy the MFT without NAV if you could do it again?
Old 03-05-2013, 09:19 AM
G2G

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I love mine. I would definitely buy the navigation if I had to do it over again. It is very easy to use, and is pretty quick. When I go off route it has me rerouted in seconds. I am very impressed with this as a stock system. Completely happy with it.

- Steiner
Old 03-05-2013, 09:28 AM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by G2G
I love mine. I would definitely buy the navigation if I had to do it over again. It is very easy to use, and is pretty quick. When I go off route it has me rerouted in seconds. I am very impressed with this as a stock system. Completely happy with it.

- Steiner
Maybe I need to spend some more time with mine because I find it a real pain in the ***. I use my phone instead. Lol
Old 03-05-2013, 09:51 AM

Received 240 Likes on 178 Posts

I got the touch screen with all the bells/whistles it offers but I havent used my Nav at all. If your not traveling alot meaning going on vacations and in other cities or need Nav because of your job then it might be a value. But if your like most people, I think you know your way around your local area and state. The phone sync is nice and I use that along with Sirius radio (while its free) but Nav is gonna be a vacation trip item for me personally.
Old 03-05-2013, 09:56 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Really like the navigation in my truck! One of the best interfaces I have used.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Five-0 Ret.

Received 674 Likes on 578 Posts

Mine came with the Nav. Had it not I probably won't have ordered the option. That being said, being technologically challenged I do find it easy to operate. Like Truck Owner says say if you travel alot it would be a good option, if not get a Garmin. They're cheaper, and work very good.

One thing to remember, the Ford Nav, system is pricey to update.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've tried it a few times and found it cumbersome. I don't like that I can't input a destination while I'm moving (who's to say my passenger isn't entering the data?). I don't like that it reduces the stereo volume to give me directions, and the means by which you input the destination isn't great either. Seems to me I needed to know the zip code. This may be something you can change in the setup, but I haven't found it yet. I'd rather use my portable Garmin!
Old 03-05-2013, 10:25 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

At first I did find it cumbersome and a real PIA. The more I use it the more I learn how to navigate the navigation the more I like it. I am getting pretty good at the voice commands, that's a nice feature. It does take some getting use to, totally different than Garmin or Google Maps.
Old 03-05-2013, 10:26 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by fooseF150
Maybe I need to spend some more time with mine because I find it a real pain in the ***. I use my phone instead. Lol
I can see that as well. I think another poll option should be undecided. I may like it but right now I can't say I do. I like using my phone with GoogleNav. It automatically gets updated, very easy to use and is quick. It also flips to street view when you arrive at your destination. On the sync version it said I was there when the house was actually three or four further down.

I would also rather have the applink stuff that, if you have navigation, you don't get. I don't understand how this unit has everything else but the applink. Pretty lame but I guess I should have researched it first.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:06 AM

Received 52 Likes on 45 Posts

Yes, but only because in the Raptor it's either a fully loaded with Nav, heated/cooled seats, upgraded Audio, etc. or a base model without 90% of the other options available.

Quick Reply: If you have a 2013 with Nav, is it worth it?