Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

"If you buy that truck I'll divorce you!

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 06:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "If you buy that truck I'll divorce you!

Yipee! I got a new truck!
2012 EB Screw Larait

more here:
http://photobucket.com/kkuch16-F150
Old 01-31-2012, 06:19 PM

nice truck...sounds like it will have plenty of room next to it in the garage soon! haha
Old 01-31-2012, 06:19 PM
Not Important Enough

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Haha! So your getting divorced then?

Truck looks great!
Old 01-31-2012, 06:20 PM

“If you buy that truck, I’ll divorce you!”...continued.
Yup, that’s what my wife, “The Delicate Flower,” said to me. In 22+ years of marriage she has only mentioned the “D” word one other time….I’ll not tell you about that one.
It’s not that she doesn’t like trucks. In fact, she learned to drive in an F150…with a “3 on the tree.” We owned an F250 SD Crew from ‘99 to ‘05. It was a great truck…v10…we had a fifth wheel, but when the gas prices spiked and the electrical gremlins started to nickel and dime us, we got rid of it.
Our “last” great vehicle was an ’05 Expedition. She loved that one! It was “her” car. (I am in an ‘05 Focus…for commuting.) The expedition was a great road car. Enough room for the kids, comfortable for us. We squeaked out about 17 mpg, according to the dash display. Not bad I am told. But alas, the expedition had its issues. Heater blend doors cost around $1800 to repair…the electrical gremlins were driving us nuts (radio changing volume & stations, mirrors moving randomly, one time, the seat moved from position 1 to position 2 while I was driving…nearly pooped a brick on that one!) But the final straw was in April of ’11, the steering started to mess up. We weighed our options and decided to trade it in. Being mileage conscious, we decided to downscale…ended up with a J(ch)eep Patriot. It’s great for “around town,” and it does get “pretty good” mileage, but in all honesty, it’s not as good as any of the Fords that I have owned.
Then came the first road trip. Had to make the trip to Toronto from Chicago. Our two boys, me, and The Delicate Flower piled into the J(ch)eep for the 10 hour excursion. It was not pleasant! Number one son, HS-football tackle at 6-0, 225, had to sit in…and fill up…the front seat, while number 2 son and The Delicate Flower crammed into the back seat. We survived the trip…but knew that the J(ch)eep was too small for us.
I started cruising the lots…you know what I mean…looking for the next vehicle. I had been looking at F250’s since giving up the ’99, but I knew that it was not feasible…so I took a look at the 150 SCREWS. “Not bad,” I thought, and I started doing my research. Looked into price (of course), and features. I wanted it to be at least as comfortable as the Expedition that The Delicate Flower loved. One very important feature was to have the AWD option. My brother-in-law has an ’08 SCAB, and there was a complaint about switching into and out of 4wd. The Delicate Flower noted that I had been cruising the lots and doing the research…and that’s when she uttered those words: “If you buy that truck, I’ll divorce you!”
I was shot down. I truly love The Delicate Flower.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:22 PM

Then came “the trip” that changed everything…We had to make a 6 hour trip to Northern Wisconsin, Door County to be exact. The Delicate Flower grew up there, and we tried to visit as often as possible. But this trip was different. We had to bring the 80 lb. lab “Wrecks” with us. Now don’t get me wrong, we love Wrecks. But that car, the ’11 J(ch)eep, was not made for 4, plus a dog, plus luggage. It was the worst trip on record…the smells alone were enough to put us all over the edge. Then, she said it. The Delicate Flower said, “We are never going to do a road trip in that car again!”
I took that as my cue…and the research started up once more. But she wanted to get an Expedition to replace the car she loved. After reviewing vehicle dimensions and stats and costs, I gave her the option. I had her sit in a ’12 Expedition, and in a similarly equipped ‘11 F150…AND made her sit in the back seats…AND compare the prices. The back seat was simply bigger and more comfortable in the F150…and it cost less.
The Delicate Flower said “Go for it (the F150)”….YIPEE!
Ordered: 11/11/11
Built: 1/17/12
Delivered to dealer 1/30/12 (pm)
Drove it home today! 1/31/2012
Oh yeah… I do love My delicate Flower!
Old 01-31-2012, 06:26 PM

Received 76 Likes on 51 Posts

EDIT: You posted just before I hit send apparently. Congrats on the new truck and your continued marriage with "Delicate Flower" lol
Old 01-31-2012, 06:31 PM

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

At first I was like i hope some guy didn't get divorced over a truck.. but turned out to be a great story. Isn't it great when you get what you want and satisfy "the delicate flower".

Post more pics of your truck please!!
Old 01-31-2012, 06:33 PM

it ALWAYS easier to ask for forgiveness then permission...
Old 01-31-2012, 06:38 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I heard that Sunday, the same day I came home with a new Raptor.
Old 01-31-2012, 06:52 PM

"Post more pics of your truck please!!"

Tomorrow after work, for sure!

Quick Reply: "If you buy that truck I'll divorce you!