Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I would like to know???

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2013, 09:19 PM

Received 222 Likes on 178 Posts

Default I would like to know???

I see the sticky's don't seem to end and after reading maybe 100 or so pages I still don't find or know the answer... So simply put???

Did they (Ford) ever come up with a fix for the sticky's

1. EcoBoost limp mode, no cel,, with cel and other related issues concerning the humid weather driving. If so,,, could you direct me to the TSB that did?

2. Vibration, shudder when taking off, not loaded or pulling trailer?

3. steering wheel pop?

4. not a sticky but my vent door sticks in the defrost mode and takes a wish and prayer to get it to go to any other position! Not all the time mind you but enough to make it a PITA!

I have these and haven't had the dealer do any of them as I hate going back and forth unless I know when I have it done,, it will be fixed.

All crude comments welcome but keep it to one of every three posts please!!

Last edited by mamonti; 09-16-2013 at 09:24 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 08:47 AM

Received 68 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by mamonti
I see the sticky's don't seem to end and after reading maybe 100 or so pages I still don't find or know the answer... So simply put???

Did they (Ford) ever come up with a fix for the sticky's

1. EcoBoost limp mode, no cel,, with cel and other related issues concerning the humid weather driving. If so,,, could you direct me to the TSB that did?
There is a TSB for this, I've heard they put some kind of restrictor plate on the intercooler to fix it. Don't quote me on that, but there is a "fix" with mixed reviews on it actually working

2. Vibration, shudder when taking off, not loaded or pulling trailer?
Some have said properly gapping the spark plugs fixed this issue as it was most likely a misfire issue. Again, mixed reviews on it actually working.

3. steering wheel pop?
Read on here that some have had to have their steering rack replaced due to this.

4. not a sticky but my vent door sticks in the defrost mode and takes a wish and prayer to get it to go to any other position! Not all the time mind you but enough to make it a PITA!
This is something to definitely take up with Ford and get fixed. The blend doors should be working, might have a vacuum leak somewhere.

I have these and haven't had the dealer do any of them as I hate going back and forth unless I know when I have it done,, it will be fixed.

All crude comments welcome but keep it to one of every three posts please!!

There's threads floating around about all of these. Try searching for them vs using the stickys. Good luck
Old 09-17-2013, 08:56 AM
Okie Coupe

Received 209 Likes on 172 Posts

I find most of the time nobody has definitive answers for some of our questions. Too many times threads here get off topic and results in a bit of frustration for the person asking the original question. More times than not end up with only speculation and guessing. They usually ends with either a S.W.A.G. or a W.A.G. in most cases.

Last edited by shortride; 09-17-2013 at 08:59 AM.