Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HVAC issues and no clue

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017, 05:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HVAC issues and no clue

Hello,

I have a 2010 FX4 with the automatic dual climate control HVAC unit. The driver side is stuck on hot and passenger stuck on cold.

I took it in for diagnostics to confirm that I was just unlucky and had 2 bad blend door actuators, codes were pulled and showed a bad actuator. Turns out the connector was loose. He pushed it back in and reran the codes and the actuators were fine. Ford then told me that the climate control module needed to be replaced for $1200 ($700 part and 4 hrs of labor) Yea, right... Bought the part new for $350 and replaced it in literally 15 minutes. Once that was replaced Ford re programmed it. That did not work and am still having the same issue. Ford now says it has to be 2 bad actuators even though they didn't show any error code. The actuators do nothing, no clicking and do not even attempt to move.

After the reprogramming, now the fan is stuck on high, and neither heated seat works.

The master tech at Ford is stumped and had to email the guys in Detroit.

I'm not sure what it could be for everything on that module to crap out. It would have to be the climate control module is bad and it was not programmed right (even though it was done twice by two different master techs), the wire harness or wiring is bad, or the blend door actuators, fan motor resistor, and heated seat warmer is all bad at the same time.

I know this is a bunch of problems at once but they all stem from the same module. The Ford dealership is having to hold on to it for a few days until they receive an email back from higher.

What are your guys thoughts? Is there another module or CPU in this thing that could be bad or is everything controlled through that climate control module?

Thank you for the time and insight!
Old 09-13-2017, 12:20 PM

https://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd/...dPdf?id=177870

Above is the wiring diagram for the DACT module. There is power to the module but nothing that the module controls works. Like mentioned before the blower motor is stuck on high, blend door actuators stuck, heated seats do not work. The light for the heated seats turns on but quickly turns off and I cannot hear a relay or anything pull in.

What if there was a ground issue with the module? If the black GD133 wire was not properly grounded that would affect everything the module controls. But the module turns on and all the lights on the unit work and it interacts with the display unit. I would think that the DACT module would have to be grounded in order for that to function. I'm not sure display is communicating through the MS CAN +/- or what that is.

I do not have navigation so there is no large display just the small display at the top of the dash.
Old 09-13-2017, 01:12 PM

Actually I believe I should be looking at this one. Last wiring diagram was for trucks with navigation.

https://www.revbase.com/BBBMotor/Wd/...dPdf?id=177987

Quick Reply: HVAC issues and no clue