Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help installing Recon LEDs tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 03:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help installing Recon LEDs tail lights

Hi,
I just received my Recon smoked tail lights and added the 9 LED's to the order. The problem is that they also sent me a little bag with what I'm assuming are some sort of resistors but I don't know how to hook them up. Can you help?

Thanks
Old 10-25-2011, 03:53 PM

What 9 LEDS are you talking about?

I ordered the Recon Smoked Tailights for my 2011 and they were plug and play
Old 10-25-2011, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by deLfiZziXx
What 9 LEDS are you talking about?

I ordered the Recon Smoked Tailights for my 2011 and they were plug and play
You are probably using the stock reverse light bulb but I ordered the LED reverse lights to replace the stock ones. They came with a bag of resistors.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by 1low56
You are probably using the stock reverse light bulb but I ordered the LED reverse lights to replace the stock ones. They came with a bag of resistors.
That would be correct.

Ordinarily you put the resistors between the led wiring and the stock harness.

If I remember correctly, the stock harness stops providing power to the lights because it assumes that there is a dead bulb because of the lack of draw from LEDS
Old 10-25-2011, 06:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I assume you ordered the optional LED reverse lights to replace the factory bulbs? Recon part number 264203WH? If so, I have the same setup and the LED was simply a plug in replacement...They did not ship any resistors with my order and they have worked flawlessly since installation over a month ago?
Old 10-25-2011, 06:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looking at the Recon website, there is a resistor application as described below

Part # 26420 - LED Light Bulb Load Resistor Kit

LED Bulb Load Resistor 6 Ohm / 50 Watt For Signal or Brake light with Dual Filament LED bulbs upgrade USE

LED bulbs may cause some newer vehicles to indicate a bulb is burnt out (because of their low power consumption). Some cars indicate this by increasing the flash rate of the turn signals, some turn on a bad bulb indicator. This can be remedied with our Load Resistors wired across the turn signal bulbs to simulate a filament bulb load.
This 6 Ohm, 50 Watt resistors can be connected across the turn signal bulbs to simulate the load of a regular filament bulb (2 Amp load). This will solve LED related turn signal problems such as hyper flashing or burnt out bulb indications. This LED Load Resistor can be use with most signal or brake light which uses SINGLE or DUAL FILAMENT LED light bulbs, like the 7443, 1157, 3157, 4157, 1156, 7440, 3156 etc
Attached Thumbnails Help installing Recon LEDs tail lights-image-3312739198.jpg  
Old 10-25-2011, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Lemonhead
I assume you ordered the optional LED reverse lights to replace the factory bulbs? Recon part number 264203WH? If so, I have the same setup and the LED was simply a plug in replacement...They did not ship any resistors with my order and they have worked flawlessly since installation over a month ago?
THose are the ones I ordered. I plugged them in and checked my signals and all seem to be working fine. No rapid flashing or burnt out light indicator. Will leave for a while to see if it continues to work.

THanks
Old 10-25-2011, 07:33 PM

The tail lights already have the resistors installed on them so that you dont have to worry about the rapid blinking. The reverse lights may not be turning on if you added LEDS without resistors if you say they package came with resistors....

Quick Reply: Help installing Recon LEDs tail lights