Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!!! Advice needed ASAP!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 12:25 AM

Received 46 Likes on 40 Posts
Default HELP!!! Advice needed ASAP!!

Here's my issue...

I bought a Bullydog GT tuner from a guy on this forum...he didn't need it anymore because he sold his truck. When he disconnected it from his old truck he DID NOT uninstall it so it is tied to that vin number. Therefore I cannot use the tuner at all. (It needs to be returned to a stock setting before it can be used on a new truck. I did not know this at the time I was hooking it up and now my check engine light is on!!! Any ideas here???
Old 09-23-2012, 01:35 AM

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

You need to get back in touch with that guy. Either get a refund, or mail it back to him and have him fix the issue.
Old 09-23-2012, 01:37 AM
wait. what?

Received 271 Likes on 217 Posts

some, but not all tuner companies will unlock it for a fee. either way you'll be throwing more money at it. hopefully you can get in touch with the seller and he can work with you to resolve it.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by bell4fan
You need to get back in touch with that guy. Either get a refund, or mail it back to him and have him fix the issue.
Ideally I could just get my money back and return the unit to the seller...since he sold the truck there's virtually no way to unlock it.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:09 AM

Any ideas on how to turn off the engine light without going to the dealership or using a diagnostic tool? I already disconnected the positive terminal on the battery for 45 mins with no luck.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you try to call bully dog for tech support and see what they say?? i know my friend just got one and i hooked it up to his truck for him and there was a change vehicle selection in the programmer?? and for you check engine light problem it depends on the reason that light is on for. you might be stuck going to someone or somewhere that has the computer to shut the light off.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try unplugging the negative on the battery for atleast 15 seconds. The computer will reflash and the light "should" come off. Worth a shot. Best of luck bro
Old 09-23-2012, 03:50 AM

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'm gonna call bulldog on Monday and see what they say. I'll try disconnecting the negative terminal and see if that works, if not ill stop by O'Rileys and borrow their OBD2. I'll make sure to post the outcome of it all.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:20 PM

So I got the engine light turned off! Not sure what combination of things did it. But after trying the disconnect of the positive and then the negative I turned the key to the on position 3 times and BAM! No more engine light!....now to unlock that stupid tuner!!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:21 PM

K so I finally got this all resolved. I called bullydog and they ran me through the unlock process. They did however charge me $100 to do so. Kinda steep but I understand why they have that in effect. Also the seller of the unit refunded me half of the unlock charge so I still got a good deal on a nice tuner! Thanks again to everyone who responded, your advice was greatly appreciated!

Quick Reply: HELP!!! Advice needed ASAP!!