Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gibson swep side exhaust installed *pics*

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2010, 08:56 PM

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Gibson swep side exhaust installed *pics*

I installed a Gibson swep side cat back on my truck today. Sounds really good, just what I was looking for. I went with Gibson cause I didn't want a loud drone inside the cab at highway speeds as this truck is my daily driver (80mi round trip to work) and my family car and I don't want my 10 month olds ears ringing every time we go for a ride. The exhaust is barely noticeable in the truck. You can tell it's there, just a little grunt...and just cruising it sounds like stock. I'll try to get some vids tomorrow if I ever figure out how to get the video off the camcorder and on to the computer. Autoanything was running a sale so I got it for $300 shipped. Installation was a pain in the ***. Getting the stock exhaust out while laying on your back is not fun. If I would have had a metal blade for my sawzall I would have cut it out. Anyway here are a couple of pics and I'll try to get a vid or 2 tomorrow.

Last edited by sixsix; 01-04-2010 at 11:00 PM.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:59 PM

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks nice! Great job.

Nice looking truck too!

You may want to black out your license plate number - there are strange people out there...
Old 01-04-2010, 09:16 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the same system on my '01 F150. It held up well over the 8 years I had the truck. Good value too.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by shotgun
Looks nice! Great job.

Nice looking truck too!

You may want to black out your license plate number - there are strange people out there...
Thanks. No telling how many of those strange people drive behind me everyday...
Old 01-04-2010, 10:10 PM

Received 1,390 Likes on 664 Posts

that looks great, hows it sound? thats along the lines of what im looking for my truck

Originally Posted by sixsix
Thanks. No telling how many of those strange people drive behind me everyday...
ha ha yeah no doubt, i laugh when people say to black the plates out. hundreds of people see mine every week on the road lol
Old 01-04-2010, 10:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Making similar exhaust move

I have purchased a Gibson side swept exhaust system. Ready to put it on the truck. I have access to a lift. My auto bud mentioned where he might have to make a cut off the stock exhaust. Can u tell me where, how to make that incision. How did u do it otherwise? Is that the only part that needs choppin'? Any other words of wisdom.....?
Old 01-04-2010, 10:38 PM
December 2009 TOTM!

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by kozal01
that looks great, hows it sound? thats along the lines of what im looking for my truck

ha ha yeah no doubt, i laugh when people say to black the plates out. hundreds of people see mine every week on the road lol
It's basically stock sounding until you hit like 3k rpms then there's sound..

I had 1 on and it's off now.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:49 PM

Received 256 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by kozal01
i laugh when people say to black the plates out. hundreds of people see mine every week on the road lol
OH NOES someone on the internet saw your license plate number whatever will they do with that information?!1!
Old 01-04-2010, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by 2002V6BlackBeauty
I have purchased a Gibson side swept exhaust system. Ready to put it on the truck. I have access to a lift. My auto bud mentioned where he might have to make a cut off the stock exhaust. Can u tell me where, how to make that incision. How did u do it otherwise? Is that the only part that needs choppin'? Any other words of wisdom.....?

The Gibson instruction tell you just to dissconnet the stock exhaust at the clamp in front the muffler and to push the exhaust to the rear of the truck to get it out. Well what they don't tell you is that the stock exhaust pipe is notched and you have to turn it a good bit to get that notch to line up so you can slide it out. I should have taken a pic of it but I was getting pissed. I ended up disconnecting the exhaust from the flange, then separating it at the clamped part. If you have a lift you should be able to get it off with ease, I just drove the rear up on some ramps and I had to do some serious maneuvers to get the exhaust to come out. It would have been easier if I would have cut the muffler out. It went on fairly easily, once I had the muffler lined up. I was also doing this by myself in 40 degree weather which didn't help much.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by AZFX4
It's basically stock sounding until you hit like 3k rpms then there's sound..

I had 1 on and it's off now.

When the truck is cold you don't hear it, but once it's warmed up you'll know it's there. I find it's the loudest when slowly accelerating from a red light and the rpms are at 2-2.5k. It's got a nice bassey tone to it. The wifey even approves Much better than the dumped magnaflow that I had on my Colorado...you couldn't even hear yourself think the drone was so bad.

Quick Reply: Gibson swep side exhaust installed *pics*