Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Getting A New Toy!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 03:25 AM
Project: Big Red

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Getting A New Toy!

The reason for my thread is that I would like to get some comments from any of you members who reside in Texas. I am getting rid of my 2012 F-150 for another truck.

The only problem is I honestly would like to find a great dealer. I don't mind driving anywhere in Texas, but of course I can decide on my limit of how far, haha!

I honestly am looking for just great deals right now. If you know of some or just a good honest dealer, then please share with me!
Old 09-06-2013, 04:07 AM

Received 74 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by JVPPC187
The reason for my thread is that I would like to get some comments from any of you members who reside in Texas. I am getting rid of my 2012 F-150 for another truck.

The only problem is I honestly would like to find a great dealer. I don't mind driving anywhere in Texas, but of course I can decide on my limit of how far, haha!

I honestly am looking for just great deals right now. If you know of some or just a good honest dealer, then please share with me!
What brand, type, and, size of truck are you looking at ?
Old 09-06-2013, 08:04 AM
Project: Big Red

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I'd like to stick with Ford and I don't really need the SuperCrew, so I am ok with a single cab or super cab. I would definitely like 4x4 cause of some stuff I have to do for work now.
Old 09-06-2013, 09:56 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Just saw an add last night for 0% APR for 66 months "at you local Texas Ford dealer". I dont know if that is a deal across all of Texas right now or if it just Wichita Falls.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:26 PM

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

buy from independent dealer, not one owned by like Auto Nation. find the closest town around 30-50k people and find a locally owned family dealer. i drove 75 miles from the big city i live in, in and out in 2 hours and a pleasure to do business with. big dealers train their salesman all the same. i got tired of hearing what can i do to earn your business plus you have to deal with about 4 people to get a price. i was told the price of the truck over the phone with the rebates at Jones Motor Co.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:51 PM

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm a big fan of Leif Johnson Ford in Austin (they also own Truck City Ford in Buda). I've bought two vehicles from them with no issues. Also check out Jerry Reynolds' web site, CarProUSA.com. He referred me to Leif Johnson. The General Manager called me to set up an appointment. I told him which truck I was interested in on the phone, that truck was waiting at the door when I got their, detailed and ready to go. Including test drive and trade I was out in two hours. Sticker on my truck was 46k I got it for 34k before my trade.
Old 09-06-2013, 01:26 PM
Platinum

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts

I always see great prices at this dealer -vernonautogroup. I was going to purchase my truk from them (since they are also a Cadi Dealer, was trading in my ESV Platinum) but before I was set to drive out to them I decided to stop by another dealer which was closer to me and they ended up matching their price. So saved me a long trip.

They were very helpful and even appraised my trade in via email and came close to KBB value which dealers almost NEVER do. Very prompt as well.

Quick Reply: Getting A New Toy!