Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gauge cluster and radio won't come on in cold!

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2015, 08:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Gauge cluster and radio won't come on in cold!

Hey everyone I have had this problem for a while and thought I would finally post and see if anyone else has had it. Whenever It is cold outside, about 40 and under when I start my 09 f150 the gauge needles chatter and then stop and the whole center console radio buttons and lcd won't work. My truck will start fine and I can still drive it and control the radio through the steering wheel controls I just can't see what station it is on.

After I drive for 5-10 minutes with the heat blasting my gauges will come in and the radio display comes on and everything is normal again. Sometimes I'll go to the fuse panel that is by the passenger side feet and if I pull the fuse that controls the gauge cluster/radio and plug it back in the needles will chatter then go back to working. I have to take the fuse out and plug it back in a few times before it'll work.

Anyways at first I thought It was the battery so I went at got it checked at interstate battery and sure enough I had a bad battery so I got a new one.that was 2 weeks ago and that seemed to fix it for a little bit, but it never got real cold after getting the new battery to test it, only about 40 at the lowest. This morning it was 28 and sure enough they wouldn't work when I started my truck.

So if anyone has any idea what could be wrong please let me know, it's getting aggravating.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Gauge cluster and radio won't come on in cold!