Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gatorback mud flaps or what mud flaps are you running, post photos :)

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2016, 05:07 PM

Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Gatorback mud flaps or what mud flaps are you running, post photos :)

Will these Gatorback Mud Flaps work with the OEM Wheel Well Liners? I wonder if they are any better than anything else in function. I do not want to drill in anyway, so I want to use the OEM holes already in place if I would get these flaps. Thanks

Old 08-30-2016, 05:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have those on my 2014 Screw. I had them installed at the same time I had the wheel well liners installed. I previously had the weather tech no drill mud flaps but they just were not cutting it in the Oil Fields of Western North Dakota. They did use self tapping screws to install them but they don't salt roads up here so I'm not too worried. They do an excellent job keeping clay and mud off the truck.
The following users liked this post:
ingenuitor (08-30-2016)
Old 08-30-2016, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by 4dtrkman
I have those on my 2014 Screw. I had them installed at the same time I had the wheel well liners installed. I previously had the weather tech no drill mud flaps but they just were not cutting it in the Oil Fields of Western North Dakota. They did use self tapping screws to install them but they don't salt roads up here so I'm not too worried. They do an excellent job keeping clay and mud off the truck.
So I wonder since I have OEM holes if I can avoid the self tapping screws, we have salt, thanks for the tip, glad to see they work really well.
Old 08-31-2016, 01:54 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ingenuitor
So I wonder since I have OEM holes if I can avoid the self tapping screws, we have salt, thanks for the tip, glad to see they work really well.
If I remember correctly there are no holes in the flaps themselves so you could mark your holes and bolt into the the fender the problem you may have is getting to the nut because of the wheel well liner.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by 4dtrkman
If I remember correctly there are no holes in the flaps themselves so you could mark your holes and bolt into the the fender the problem you may have is getting to the nut because of the wheel well liner.
So I may need longer bolts that match up, at Mr Hardware store or a big box store or? Thanks for the tip. That's very helpful. @ $280-300 they need to work and they better work better and last longer for that many clams.
Old 08-31-2016, 04:59 PM

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

i like these: http://gatorbacks.com/products/gator...ck-powder-coat

I realize that they're going to take some work to install but I like the wide look.
Old 08-31-2016, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by DonTas
i like these: http://gatorbacks.com/products/gator...ck-powder-coat

I realize that they're going to take some work to install but I like the wide look.
I called Gator Back, they are a great company to deal with over the phone, skip the powder coated, get the stainless, take it to a local X Liner dealer or do it yourself and you will be 100 times better off. As the powder coat looks great, but not for long, once rocks hit metal flaps, plus it's going to be loud, it's not rubber but metal. All the best, I'm still not sure what to get, I want to buy the best I can for the money, but also want to cover both the front and back of each wheel.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:36 AM

Received 168 Likes on 156 Posts

Gatorback are expensive, and a PITA to put on, but they are nice

Last edited by H-60 Electrician; 09-01-2016 at 07:02 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-01-2016, 08:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I like my OEM flaps:
Old 09-01-2016, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by H-60 Electrician

Gatorback are expensive, and a PITA to put on, but they are nice

Price and install factors aside, do they work better then anything else? Thats key imho. btw nice truck, they look great, nice led tails as well.
The following users liked this post:
H-60 Electrician (09-01-2016)

Quick Reply: Gatorback mud flaps or what mud flaps are you running, post photos :)