Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garage buttons

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2017, 10:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Garage buttons

Hello everyone,
It has been a while since I have been on here. Thanks for the great information you provide.
Can't get my 2013 Ford platinum button to open the garage door after installing a new Garage opener (chanmberlain lift master 8550W). Went to ford dealer thay said read Manuel.
Any tips are appreciated
Thanks
Ray
Old 05-26-2017, 10:49 PM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Did you reprogram the button for the new opener?
Old 05-26-2017, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Yes sir, deactivated the buttons and reprogrammed by book nad even had the garage guys try. They said ford could reprogram the truck with the remote but dealership said no.
Old 05-27-2017, 12:23 AM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Humm...

I don't think there is anything the dealership can do. As far as I know it's all done in the field by the owner.
Old 05-27-2017, 02:47 AM

Received 698 Likes on 442 Posts

In 4 years, (and 2 years in another car), I have never been able to get the buttons to operate the garage door opener (a Genie and a new LiftMaster). Home _ _ _ _ even sent me (free) a signal booster. Still nothing. I just gave up...
The following users liked this post:
2veloce (05-29-2017)
Old 05-27-2017, 06:37 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Your garage door openers may not be compatible with the newer opener. You might need a "bridge". It's a device that syncs with the opener, plugs into a wall outlet in the garage, and then you sync your truck to the bridge device. Google it and read up on it.

I have two doors and two openers. It worked fine until one of them **** the bed and I had to buy a brand new one. Bought the bridge for the new one......good to go.
Old 05-27-2017, 08:50 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With my lift master I had to press the red button on the unit and then press and hold the button in the truck.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:26 AM

Received 964 Likes on 742 Posts

I had a bear of a time. It involved my son pushing the learn button on the opener and then watching the red LED for a blink when it received the signal. Timing was key because if I held the button in the truck too long, the signal would not be accepted. For some reason I never could get the center button on the '11 to work but the left button did, even after clearing codes/resetting the trucks transmitter. Center button in the '13 works fine. Next time I have to do this I'm just going to get a second job and hire a doorman.
Old 05-27-2017, 10:19 PM

Received 310 Likes on 249 Posts

Originally Posted by fau8823
Your garage door openers may not be compatible with the newer opener. You might need a "bridge". It's a device that syncs with the opener, plugs into a wall outlet in the garage, and then you sync your truck to the bridge device. Google it and read up on it.

I have two doors and two openers. It worked fine until one of them **** the bed and I had to buy a brand new one. Bought the bridge for the new one......good to go.
Just to clarify for people looking for them to purchase it's called a repeater. Another thing to know is that if you have a Car2U visor you'll need a repeater from them. If you have a Homelink visor, etc you will need a Homelink repeater. I was lucky enough to have both in my cars so I needed both. Homelink sent it to me for free but I don't know if they are still doing that, doubt it.

The garage door opener mfg's let the auto manufactures that the garage door openers would be changing because of the military needing the band. The auto manufactures had quite a few years to implement the change and literally none of them did so. It's mind boggling that they all did nothing lol. It finally happened when they said it would and than they started working on it. I guess they really didn't want to waste any money if the change didn't happen. With the military being involved I don't see how they didn't KNOW it would go through.
Old 05-27-2017, 11:01 PM

Received 698 Likes on 442 Posts

The Homelink repeater (thanks Nasty) is what they sent me. Still doesn't work. It would be nice, but then again, I park my truck outside, and if some punk broke into my truck, the Homelink would yield a quick entry into my garage, so I guess I'm OK with it not working.