Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fox 2.0 adjustment - MUST READ IF YOU HAVE OR ARE CONSIDERING THESE

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 10:49 AM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Default Fox 2.0 adjustment - MUST READ IF YOU HAVE OR ARE CONSIDERING THESE

I searched and did not find this anywhere after installing my 2.0s. Nor did I find this in my extensive search for the best shocks to only get level...

To those of you that have these installed already, this is not great news.

Apparently the Fox 2.0 coilovers, being aluminum bodies, you cannot adjust the collar up or down without compressing the springs first. This is extremely counter intuitive and makes me relatively unhappy at this point of my investment. I purchased and installed these without this knowledge. According to Fox, because of the pre-load on the spring, you can ruin the threads on the body...

Here is the reply from Fox when I asked contacted them saying I heard the warranty was voided if you adjust them without compressing the spring first: "Isn’t necessarily voided, but if you adjusted them down and the adjustment ring has stripped it can cause some issues."

Anyone else come across this or were able to successfully adjust without compressing the spring first?
Old 12-09-2015, 10:51 AM
Some guy

Received 2,026 Likes on 1,287 Posts

Sounds like a really weak body if that can happen... I wouldn't get them
Old 12-09-2015, 11:50 AM
Brodozin' through life

Received 1,345 Likes on 840 Posts

Not surprised since these are entry level shocks and are meant for 0-2 inches of lift. Doing it without the spring compressed is damn near impossible anyways
Old 12-09-2015, 12:26 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by AricsFX
Not surprised since these are entry level shocks and are meant for 0-2 inches of lift. Doing it without the spring compressed is damn near impossible anyways
Compared to the more expensive coil-overs yes but not "entry level shocks". I only wanted to level my truck and this is the route I took for a level so my set-up is not entry level, more like over-kill. But thanks for the non-constructive post.

Quick Reply: Fox 2.0 adjustment - MUST READ IF YOU HAVE OR ARE CONSIDERING THESE