Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Motor Company Financing

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 09:13 AM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Ford Motor Company Financing

Hey all,

just bought my 14' a few weeks ago...and opted for the ford financing to get the rebate.
but since the rate sucks so bad (like 5% or something like that for 72 months) im planning on re-financing.

the guys at the dealership are aware that a lot of people do this.

my bank has some really good rates on re-financing...

but dealership told me i gotta stay with FMC financing for 3 months...
is this true?
has anyone else been down this road before and re-financed before the 3 months?

thanks for the help!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:28 AM

Received 169 Likes on 137 Posts

Most do it immediately.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:28 AM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Absolutely not. Refi at you first chance. I refi after only a couple of days. As soon as you get a loan number to submit to someone to pay off then you are gold.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:33 AM
Beer Gut Extraordinaire

Received 2,102 Likes on 1,317 Posts

I'm just trying to wrap my head around this for future truck purchases as I've heard a lot about doing this method.

You finance through Ford credit, and then you loan through your bank and pay off the Ford plan with the loan? What's the point in going with Ford credit in the first place? Aren't you better off financing through your bank and skipping Ford credit altogether?
Old 04-02-2014, 09:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was also told that we had to make at least 3 payments on the Ford Credit financing to get the extra rebates. That is just what we did, made 3, then went to our credit union and refinanced for about 1.5%.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:37 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I used Ford financing to buy my truck. I was on the phone with my credit union before I left the dealer lot. The dealer tells you 3 months so they get a cut on the finance charges. It will cost minimum of 75.00 to change.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:38 AM
Batteries Not Included

Received 294 Likes on 190 Posts

I got 0% financing on mine through Ford. The last two vehicles I bought from Ford were financed through Ford because my own bank couldn't touch their rates.

I didn't know you could only get the rebate if you financed through them. A guy I work with bought his truck from Ford, financed it through his own bank and still got his rebate. I am certain of this, because it was a huge rebate and he couldn't believe it.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:39 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by HardcoreFXFour
I'm just trying to wrap my head around this for future truck purchases as I've heard a lot about doing this method.

You finance through Ford credit, and then you loan through your bank and pay off the Ford plan with the loan? What's the point in going with Ford credit in the first place? Aren't you better off financing through your bank and skipping Ford credit altogether?
You don't get the rebate if you don't finance through ford. That is the reason people finance through them and then immediately refinance. You don't have to make the 3 months of payments like they tell you to. The dealer just tells you this so they get the kickback.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:40 AM
Batteries Not Included

Received 294 Likes on 190 Posts

Originally Posted by Tanner2
You don't get the rebate if you don't finance through ford. That is the reason people finance through them and then intermediately refinance. You don't have to make the 3 months of payments like they tell you to. The dealer just tells you this so they get the kickback.
Must be different in the United States. I believe this is not the case in Canada.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:40 AM

Received 88 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by HardcoreFXFour

As mentioned, extra rebates. On my 2011 there was a $1000 rebate for financing.

Quick Reply: Ford Motor Company Financing