Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford Field Engineer...a complete idiot?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 07:18 PM
Professional Detailer

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Ford Field Engineer...a complete idiot?

Well, after filing my claim with the BBB auto line and finally having a field service engineer come out to inspect/drive my truck I have figured out why they can not repair these issues. They're F*cking idiots. Tire vibration, so the dealer calls it, after 2 sets of pirelli's and now a set of BFG Long Trails, its still there, possibly even worse than before. Engineers response, oh, these arent the OE tires? No, they're not, its the 3rd set dealers have tried and still no dice. Oh, since they're not OE there is nothing he can do, although these tires come as OE on some F150s. The condensation issue, with 4 or 5 different attempts to repair, oh, that can be attributed to my AFE stage 2 CAI. Yes, he REALLY said that. Its unbelievable. 43k for a truck, brand new, never performed right from the start, tons of documentation supporting issues and repair attempts yet the engineer wont try to resolve the issue. Also the whining in the rear end that has once again returned, he wasnt paying attention to it because he was more concerned with the vibration. Of course it was difficult to heart due to the 30 mph winds that day and the horrid wind noise in my truck. Side note, we bought the wife a 2015 tahoe last week, drove 1200 miles in it and I have made my determination as to my next vehicle. Maybe ford should have taken some bail out money to hire engineers who actually know their products. The guy was taking pictures of the factory charge pipes as if they had been modified. I told him repeatedly the only change was the Cold air intake...idiots... Oh one more thing, the BBB, since i am not under my 3/36k warranty, I can not get a buy back so a lawsuit is the only way to get any compensation for this lemon they sold me. I will never, ever make this mistake again. Ford is a FAILURE!
Old 01-16-2015, 08:38 PM
Wyatt

Received 163 Likes on 136 Posts

Sorry to hear thst, but that's exactly what I said after 10 years with the Nissan Titan and they weren't any better!
Good luck with the law suit. :sucks:
Old 01-16-2015, 08:42 PM
Brodozin' through life

Received 1,345 Likes on 840 Posts

Your fault for adding the cold air intake as aftermarket parts void warranties... Ford told me they weren't going to warranty my power folding mirrors slamming into my truck when folded because the reflectors were painted

Get rid of the truck if you're that un happy. Getting this mad over an inanimate object is a waste of life
The following 5 users liked this post by AricsFX:
71_340 (01-17-2015), MisterScott (01-17-2015), Oldsmuggler (01-17-2015), Red13 (01-16-2015), sgtpatiolantern (01-20-2015)
Old 01-16-2015, 08:51 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

For every 1 person disgusted with product failure, there are 100,000 or more with a perfectly working device.

It is what it is, that's life in a human world.

Perhaps your next vehicle will be better no matter who makes it because the odds are on your side now.

Good luck
The following 3 users liked this post by RLXXI:
eg78 (01-16-2015), Gary Ugarek (01-19-2015), Lethal Weapon (01-16-2015)
Old 01-16-2015, 08:55 PM
King Hater

Received 872 Likes on 653 Posts

Sorry.

Next time please break your thread up by using paragraphs. That was difficult to read.
The following users liked this post:
BigDog2146 (01-20-2015)
Old 01-16-2015, 09:07 PM

Received 3,933 Likes on 2,510 Posts

Originally Posted by DirtBusters
Well, after filing my claim with the BBB auto line and finally having a field service engineer come out to inspect/drive my truck I have figured out why they can not repair these issues. They're F*cking idiots. Tire vibration, so the dealer calls it, after 2 sets of pirelli's and now a set of BFG Long Trails, its still there, possibly even worse than before. Engineers response, oh, these arent the OE tires? No, they're not, its the 3rd set dealers have tried and still no dice. Oh, since they're not OE there is nothing he can do, although these tires come as OE on some F150s. The condensation issue, with 4 or 5 different attempts to repair, oh, that can be attributed to my AFE stage 2 CAI. Yes, he REALLY said that. Its unbelievable. 43k for a truck, brand new, never performed right from the start, tons of documentation supporting issues and repair attempts yet the engineer wont try to resolve the issue. Also the whining in the rear end that has once again returned, he wasnt paying attention to it because he was more concerned with the vibration. Of course it was difficult to heart due to the 30 mph winds that day and the horrid wind noise in my truck. Side note, we bought the wife a 2015 tahoe last week, drove 1200 miles in it and I have made my determination as to my next vehicle. Maybe ford should have taken some bail out money to hire engineers who actually know their products. The guy was taking pictures of the factory charge pipes as if they had been modified. I told him repeatedly the only change was the Cold air intake...idiots... Oh one more thing, the BBB, since i am not under my 3/36k warranty, I can not get a buy back so a lawsuit is the only way to get any compensation for this lemon they sold me. I will never, ever make this mistake again. Ford is a FAILURE!
Good luck with that... the 2014 GM trucks have 5 recalls. F150s haven't had 5 recalls in many, many years.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:21 PM

Received 93 Likes on 81 Posts

I have been on your shoes OP. It was with another Manufacturer. We went the normal routes. Difference was that my car was actually dropped off the back of the train before unloading properly. It was repaired at no cost to us.

Bad news was they never informed me about it. Bad dealership decision not to tell me and give me the option to take delivery or not. I sued once I was having problems. Normal channels went no where. I was awarded the price of the car as it was new( plus headaches) aka attorney fees. I took three years but the wrong was righted. I never trashed the car company as you should not bash Fords. They are great trucks and you might be the LEMON not the truck.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:37 PM
FX4RoadWarrior

Received 494 Likes on 353 Posts

That sucks, but you did add an aftermarket part. Its always a crap shoot once you start doing that.

You are going to buy a GM? I had a GMC last time they are OK, their dealerships are just as terrible though. Not sure about their ecotechs but their last generation with cylinder deactivation produced a lot of oil burners, mine didnt have that but burned oil anyways lol.

I think Ford is building a better truck thats why I went with one. They all the same in the end. Once I hate Ford maybe ill try dodge lol
Old 01-16-2015, 09:42 PM
FX4RoadWarrior

Received 494 Likes on 353 Posts

Hmm all your posts are about how much your truck is a lemon.
Old 01-16-2015, 09:48 PM

Received 183 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by NASSTY
Good luck with that... the 2014 GM trucks have 5 recalls. F150s haven't had 5 recalls in many, many years.
You, sir, made me laugh!
So whatever make has 5-8-10-20 recalls, however Ford hasn't had 5 in many years...

Yep, Ford has an impecable record on non-recalls... no reason to recall all of the defrosting backwindows, no reason to recall all the vibrating powertrains, no reason to recall all of the ecoboost engines that were problematic, no reason to recall the problematic elockers, no reason to recall... should I continue?

I tell you, I'm a lucky customer whose truck might have been built on the Birthday of the Plant Supervisor, as I have not 1 single issue or I'd go nuts as I'm picky as hell!

However I cannot have more solidarity for the unlucky ones here if I wouldn't write how surprised I am with your fan-boy comments.
The following 4 users liked this post by WildernessLVR:
DirtBusters (01-16-2015), screamineagle (01-17-2015), Toddman38 (01-16-2015), z.l.davis (01-17-2015)

Quick Reply: Ford Field Engineer...a complete idiot?