Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ford F150 2009/Lariat evaporator sensor - Part and plug location?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2019, 07:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford F150 2009/Lariat evaporator sensor - Part and plug location?

I have a 2009 F150 Lariat with dual-zone AC that is not as cold as it should be anymore, I replaced everything,

I am looking for the Evaporator Temperature Sensor that inserts into the Evap Core. Ford seems to sell it as part of a larger "box" and all I want is the sensor and cable.

Also, how do I find what connector it goes into behind the glove box? there are 5 connectors there.

Old 08-12-2019, 12:07 PM

crickets...So anyone?
Old 08-12-2019, 01:33 PM

Received 57 Likes on 42 Posts

Its the plug at the top of the evaporator box behind the glove box.

Lots of Threads to read through here.

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/compre...271852/index3/

also here is a good picture with locations of the sensor plug. The fix is at your own risk in this case.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-solution.html
The following users liked this post:
Lonestarcanuck (08-12-2019)
Old 08-12-2019, 02:07 PM

Thank you Drix. I was able to find the connector for the Sensor. it is probably the only part I have not changed. Does anyone know the part number for that sensor? Ford tells me I have to buy the whole $700 box with the sensor inside of it but what I see are 2 wires going to a connector so that must be a part I can purchase and just tape it to the box.

all I know is I am super frustrated that my AC sux when its above 80 and a few years ago it worked like a charm. I replaced every part so far.
Old 08-12-2019, 04:29 PM

That sensor is gonna be rough to get to you are going to need to remove the entire dash to get to it.
Old 08-12-2019, 04:33 PM

Received 142 Likes on 135 Posts

Best bet might be to find the sensor and get a part number off of it.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:22 PM

I just recently went through all of this myself. I had to charge my ac system, and I cleaned the condenser off with westleys bleachwhite and rinsed it with a hose. it cured most all of my symptoms, I'm guessing since these evaporators are not filtered they are getting dirty the cheap and easy fix is to cut a hole in the box so you can spray one of the brands of evaporator cleaners on it and rinse it out. Or a complete removal of the dash to clean or replace it and then you have to evacuate the system and recharge it. Neither seems appealing to at this time so I settled for the decent working AC I was able to get it to.

I think if you suspect that sensor you should be able to read it with Forscan, or try that resister trick in the second link to see if will trick the system into running before you have to pull the dash off to get to that sensor.
Old 08-12-2019, 06:34 PM

I Guess y'all missed my other post about the fact that I have changed everything already to brand spanking new.
-- new hoses
-- new condenser
-- new compressor
-- new evaporator
-- Expansion device
-- also we changed all the doors last year - yes my dash has been completely removed 3 times
-- refilled and my friend (30+ year mechanic with the latest technology) was able to ensure the pressures are right.
-- Engine fan seems to be drawing air.

PS: I have the forscan ODB to USB device but never used it before
so I am wondering if its the sensor since that is the only thing I can think I have not done.
I was also thinking of adding two 12" electric fans but the PS or Transmission radiator would have to be relocated.

head scratcher since it was really cold a few years ago. - I love my truck!

F150 - 2009 - Larriat 4x4 fully loaded with 240K highway miles.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Lonestarcanuck
I Guess y'all missed my other post about the fact that I have changed everything already to brand spanking new.
-- new hoses
-- new condenser
-- new compressor
-- new evaporator
-- Expansion device
-- also we changed all the doors last year - yes my dash has been completely removed 3 times
-- refilled and my friend (30+ year mechanic with the latest technology) was able to ensure the pressures are right.
-- Engine fan seems to be drawing air.

PS: I have the forscan ODB to USB device but never used it before
so I am wondering if its the sensor since that is the only thing I can think I have not done.
I was also thinking of adding two 12" electric fans but the PS or Transmission radiator would have to be relocated.

head scratcher since it was really cold a few years ago. - I love my truck!

F150 - 2009 - Larriat 4x4 fully loaded with 240K highway miles.

If you Do a quick google search F-150 Forscan Evaporator sensor the link will take you to the page you need to go, My current internet connection will not let me go there.

Last edited by Drix; 08-13-2019 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:30 PM

Received 142 Likes on 135 Posts

Just to help out a bit:

https://forscan.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4224

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/compre...1852/index122/

The Motorcraft YH1735 Evaporator Temperature Sensor is mentioned in the thread, however RockAuto doesn't seem to cross it with the F150, just the SuperDuty.

Quick Reply: Ford F150 2009/Lariat evaporator sensor - Part and plug location?