Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Firestone ride right 2525 problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2015, 05:12 PM

Received 86 Likes on 73 Posts

Default Firestone ride right 2525 problems

I installed the fire stone ride right I got from e trailer. I drove it for the first time today and have a major issue, when hitting bumps the brackets hit each other. Even with 5lbs of air in them. Contacted firestone and e trailer and waiting for a response. There is a left and right bracket, they are correct because I almost put them on the wrong way the first time, no matter how hard you try they won't fit the wrong way though. Anyone else have this issue? If someone sees something obvious I did wrong please tell me. Notching one of the brackets on each side would solve the issue but I shouldn't have to do that.

Old 09-01-2015, 05:29 PM

Never mind I am a idiot and had the lower brackets on backwards. Mods please delete
Old 09-01-2015, 08:18 PM
2nd Amendment Supporter!

Received 407 Likes on 304 Posts

Default Firestone ride right 2525 problems

Originally Posted by Suzuki14258
Never mind I am a idiot and had the lower brackets on backwards. Mods please delete
Nothing wrong with admitting when you made a goof. No ones perfect!
I know when I did my thread on my install, someone else mentioned about them hitting.
I never had an issue.... But it's a good chance that they did the same by accident.
Glad you got it figured out & you probably just helped someone else with the same problem.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by Lethal Weapon
Nothing wrong with admitting when you made a goof. No ones perfect!
I know when I did my thread on my install, someone else mentioned about them hitting.
I never had an issue.... But it's a good chance that they did the same by accident.
Glad you got it figured out & you probably just helped someone else with the same problem.

Well hopefully now if someone runs into this issue they can search and pull it up. In that case it was worth it i guess . I never heard back from e trailer or fire stone. Fire stone asked for pictures but I never heard back. After I studied it and re read the instructions and realized the lower brackets had two different part numbers.
Old 09-02-2015, 03:25 AM
wait. what?

Received 271 Likes on 217 Posts

glad you got it figured out. I had the same kit on my last F150 and was really happy with it. it only took 40 psi in them for me to keep it at almost exactly the stock rake when I had a 7000lb trailer and 800lbs in the bed.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by DavidKR
glad you got it figured out. I had the same kit on my last F150 and was really happy with it. it only took 40 psi in them for me to keep it at almost exactly the stock rake when I had a 7000lb trailer and 800lbs in the bed.
Good to know, firestone replied this morning and told me that they have seen this problem before. Either run more air pressure or cut the brackets. They said they dont currently offer any lower brackets to resolve the problem. I emailed him back and told him I had the brackets on backwards and hopefully if someone else has a issue they can steer them in the direction. If I would have had to modify there brackets for what the kit cost they could have the whole thing back.
Old 09-02-2015, 10:26 AM

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

This is a good example where Firestone could do some little things to the kit to prevent this from happening. Mistake proofing goes a long way! Cut notches or something to give clear visuals on orientation.

PS I had the bag brackets on backwards the first time I put everything together on the workbench. It is VERY easy to do...
Old 09-02-2015, 10:50 AM
2013 FX4 SuperCrew

Received 75 Likes on 56 Posts

You have the upper air bag mounting brackets in the wrong holes for a 4X4. The bolts should be in the middle and lower holes and not the upper and middle hole. The bolts should also be on the inside of the bracket with the threads facing out as well. Screw the nuts on the outside and not on the inside. And yes, you had the brackets on backwards.
Old 09-02-2015, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Keith460
You have the upper air bag mounting brackets in the wrong holes for a 4X4. The bolts should be in the middle and lower holes and not the upper and middle hole. The bolts should also be on the inside of the bracket with the threads facing out as well. Screw the nuts on the outside and not on the inside. And yes, you had the brackets on backwards.
Took your advice, just fixed that to. Thank you
Old 04-24-2017, 01:46 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Keith460
I installed mine Friday as you specified and as did e-trailer. My problem is I just recently leveled my truck out, tires, wheels, coilovers, etc., and the airbags lifted the rear adding rake back in. Though I do not have a gauge that reads low PSI accurately, I used a bicycle pump to put 5 psi in which has a gauge on it, but I don't trust it. So I called Firestone and asked which holes WITHOUT telling him my discontent of it lifting the rear. He said to use the two upper holes without hesitation. IS there a specific reason to use the two lower holes on the 4x4's (which mine is)?

Quick Reply: Firestone ride right 2525 problems