Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F150LEDS.com Product reviews

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2015, 11:25 AM

Received 108 Likes on 59 Posts

Default F150LEDS.com Product reviews

Hey everyone, I’m starting this thread as a review thread for the products from F150LEDS.com. About me I am new to the F150 world and my reviews will be of MY experience and Opinion so obviously we are not all going to agree which is okay but I will be offering my perspective of inexperience and the fact I am a plug and play mod kind of customer I will try to be as detailed as I can and provide before and after pictures for everyone to see as well as my honest opinion god or bad. If you have a question that I haven’t answered in a review feel free to message me ill do the best I can to answer it. I will post my reviews or try too a few days to a week after receiving a product to allow enough time for a real test. Thanks everyone.
Old 04-25-2015, 11:32 AM

Okay so i have ordered the LED reverse tail lights for $40.00 for the pair as well as the #rd brake light with cargo lamps which came as a package for $16.99 there was no tax and shipping was $5.99 going from Georgia to Texas. At first glance the company seems to be very responsive I ordered my lights Wednesday at 3:00pm Central time and they shipped just 2 hours later so I'm pleased with their promptness. the package has already arrived in my area but due to the fact it is with USPS and they are closed weekends at the particular office its at i won't receive them until Monday which nobody can help that its just good old fashioned US mail. The owner Alex seems very focused on pleasing the customer the emails are prompt and friendly, once i receive my lights and install them i will post the review. stay tuned!

EDIT: Another thing i should mention is that these products are intended for use in F150s 2009-2014 as to their use in older models i will research that ad see i believe it will just come down to bulb type in most cases.

Last edited by DylanCulbreth; 04-25-2015 at 11:34 AM.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:00 PM

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Subscribed. Do you have a reverse camera? I'm really interested in seeing a before and after of how the LED's affect your ability to see through the camera at night. I have to basically ride my brakes in order to see anything when backing my truck in at night.
Old 04-25-2015, 12:17 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I bought their interior kit and I am quite happy with them. I also plan on doing the reverse bulbs. Be curious to see a before and after at night.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:12 PM

Caniscream unfortunately i don't have a reverse camera im driving an stx but i can take side perspectives for you ill do the best i can to find a good angle
Old 04-25-2015, 07:13 PM

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by DylanCulbreth
Caniscream unfortunately i don't have a reverse camera im driving an stx but i can take side perspectives for you ill do the best i can to find a good angle
yeah I thought of that after I posted. That's ok though. Any perspective pics would definitely be appreciated.
Old 04-25-2015, 07:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed. This may be interesting, I've recently purchased a 2014 Platinum and I'm doing some add ons. I've added the weathertec mats and bedliner. I've ordered the tailgate assist as well. Show me what you guys find!
Old 04-25-2015, 08:36 PM

Okay guys lights came in today! i have the install pictures for bothe the reverse lights and cargo + 3rd brake light i also have daylight first impression pictures and will post the night time before and after pics later tonight when its dark. so here we go. I apologize for photo quality I'm working on getting a better camera than my phone

here is how it arrived

Reverse lights Install

First remove both those small bolts its a 5/16 socket

Then it will simply just pop out there are clips on the top and bottom just pull a little from the top then pull from the bottom back and forth until it is free

Then remove the bulbs by twisting and pulling out try not to touch your break lights so the oil from your skin doesn't pop them. then push down on the tab on the middle reverse light and remove the socket from the wire harness.

one note is before you reassemble your tail light turn on your truck and throw it in reverse to treat the light though it only goes in one way it can possibly be upside down and not work so if that happens simply pull the led back out and flip it around.

Now for the 3rd brake light and cargo light

all u need is a phillips head screw drive there are 2 screws.
you may need a flat head to GENTLY pry away the light from the truck as it may have become stuck from weathering dirt etc. just like all the other lights to remove you twist and pull

as you can see there are 3 bulbs two with white ends and the brake light has a red tip simply pull out the halogen bulbs and replace with the leds just like the reverse lights

When reinstalling remember to wrap the wire harness back in that c clip and to test them to see if they are installed in the right direction otherwise they won't turn on.

Old 04-25-2015, 08:38 PM

Finished products in daytime again sorry for quality but they are a very nice clean red and white light in person compared to stock yellow and orange i will post nighttime pictures in a few hours. and post an overall impressionn and review of the lights.

Last edited by DylanCulbreth; 04-25-2015 at 08:40 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Chillin (05-21-2016)
Old 04-25-2015, 09:24 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i am hoping they work cause I need to order them this week im tired of being blind while backing up

Quick Reply: F150LEDS.com Product reviews