Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.

F150 max tow mirrors

Old 10-27-2013, 05:30 PM
Official Bass Slapper

Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts
Default F150 max tow mirrors

Hey, I have a question for anyone whom may have any knowledge whatsoever concerning the F150 Max Tow Package tow mirrors (attached), specifically can I order these from the dealership/parts people? I have seen pictures and trucks around town with these mirrors, but I can not, for the life of me, track down a part number for them with puddle/heat/power. These mirrors are like the Super Duty mirrors in style, but assumably with a 3 stud mount instead of 4 stud.
mirror on F150 but super duty style

Super duty duty mirror with 4 stud
Old 10-27-2013, 05:51 PM
2011 F150 XLT super crew

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

Try 1aauto.com. I got my tow mirrors from them and they are priced well
Old 10-27-2013, 06:03 PM
International man of Myst

Received 166 Likes on 103 Posts

LevittownFordSuperCenter caries them.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:06 PM

Received 1,515 Likes on 1,198 Posts

If you want the newer ones with the light and power fold/extend then you need to go through Ford. If you just want the tow mirrors with heat, power and puddle, as the other member said 1Aauto.com has them for a good price. Look in the vendors section.

They are not Ford but are great and well built like OEM but you say a good amount.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:08 PM

Received 217 Likes on 141 Posts

Thing is, many people who don't get the OEM MaxTow mirrors get these other mirrors. Which personally I'm not settling for. I'm going to my service dept. tomorrow to see what they can do in terms of adding the MaxTow mirrors which includes memory, heating, power adjust/folding/telescoping, puddle and signal lights. Then I will be painting the skull cap and switching the puddle to led.

I will have a hard time taking no as an answer. These vehicles are largely made for interchangeability with parts and my 13 FX4 had it as an option I just wasn't going to wait 6 weeks for one extra option. They can do so much theses days, if they can't add a button, switch mirrors and do some wiring I will be mind blown. And in fact ask someone else if they will do it and just by the mirrors and parts from ford. It can be done, there just gonna be difficult about it and likely ask for more than $1000.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:19 PM

I think there are harness differences between just the basic tow mirrors, and the ones with power folding and memory. If that's not the case, I'll pay the price to get them installed gladly.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:24 PM
THUNDER UP!

Received 75 Likes on 54 Posts

The mirrors you want, the F150 Max Trailer Tow package Powerscope mirrors to be exact have the following part number:

DL3Z17682AA
&
DL3Z17683AA

Cheapest I have found them is about $700/pop. Yes that's just for one. Be prepared to pay an arm and a leg. I've been searching for awhile.

Good luck
The following users liked this post:
Jeriko (10-29-2013)
Old 10-27-2013, 06:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I saw a youtube video of a guy who had normal power mirrors and bought the stock Ford max tow mirrors and had a stereo shop install and wire them. They had to add a switch for power folding and I dont think they were able to power telescope.
You can search F150 power tow mirrors and probably find it and post a comment to contact him. He explained the whole process in the video.
BUT, he had an XLT, maybe with FX or better you can get power telescoping too.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by CLABRO View Post
Cheapest I have found them is about $700/pop. Yes that's just for one. Be prepared to pay an arm and a leg. I've been searching for awhile.

Good luck
My god man. I take my statement back.
Old 10-27-2013, 06:31 PM
THUNDER UP!

Received 75 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by kend View Post
I saw a youtube video of a guy who had normal power mirrors and bought the stock Ford max tow mirrors and had a stereo shop install and wire them. They had to add a switch for power folding and I dont think they were able to power telescope.
You can search F150 power tow mirrors and probably find it and post a comment to contact him. He explained the whole process in the video.
BUT, he had an XLT, maybe with FX or better you can get power telescoping too.
You can add power telescoping as well. Just have to buy the module or switch (on eBay for $125) and wire it up. I think I know what video you're talking about. I sent him a message through YouTube, but never heard back.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F150 max tow mirrors

Contact Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: