Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

F********* Stole my Camera

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2019, 01:07 PM

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

Default F********* Stole my Camera

Welp my luck. Was our with the Mrs. Last night and came back out to my camera stolen. I never knew that was take off the Ford plate and there's only two bolts. Not very secure.

Anyways, anyone know the bolt size so I can get some torx style bolts? Other wise I may make a plate for the back side and red loctite, weld those bolts.
Never thought this would run me ~ $400 for a new camera and bezel.
Old 07-13-2019, 01:31 PM

Received 214 Likes on 122 Posts

Originally Posted by diegoo.jayjay
Welp my luck. Was our with the Mrs. Last night and came back out to my camera stolen. I never knew that was take off the Ford plate and there's only two bolts. Not very secure.

Anyways, anyone know the bolt size so I can get some torx style bolts? Other wise I may make a plate for the back side and red loctite, weld those bolts.

Never thought this would run me ~ $400 for a new camera and bezel.
That would be fine until your camera fails and you need to replace it though. Then it would be a PIA. I would just suck it up and replace it and never go back to wherever you were. At least they didnt take the entire tailgate.
Old 07-13-2019, 02:51 PM

Received 85 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Missmy06
That would be fine until your camera fails and you need to replace it though. Then it would be a PIA. I would just suck it up and replace it and never go back to wherever you were. At least they didnt take the entire tailgate.
I thought of that after, I have to check the clearances. Depending on the location bedside, I may be able to use a tube as a spacer and use a dremel if I ever do need to cut it off. Other note, the torx bolts should give enough discouragement from stealing the camera again.

This was at the mall so it was just **** luck I guess. Walked by my truck first. Another reason why I usually back into spots against a wall.
Old 07-13-2019, 03:11 PM

Received 964 Likes on 742 Posts

I wish you could back in against a wall while the dirtbag is still behind your truck.
The following 3 users liked this post by PerryB:
Blondie70 (07-13-2019), diegoo.jayjay (07-13-2019), Lee308 (07-14-2019)

Quick Reply: F********* Stole my Camera