Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electronic Suspension Anyone

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2017, 09:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Electronic Suspension Anyone

As I mentioned in prior threads, I'm back in the pickup game after a three year hiatus. My prior F150 was a Platinum and now I have 2010 XLT 5.4 with the FX4 appearance package. As a civil engineer in the building facade restoration industry I go from job sites with minor "off road" conditions to long distance driving to various projects all over NY.

I can't seem to find anything out there other than air suspension. Does anyone know of an electronic suspension setup for our trucks where I can raise it when clearance is needed but drop it for arodinamics on the long distance drives? I don't plan on doing any off reading so don't need a permanent lift or anything that capable. Just would like to be able to raise it for snow season or if at a job site that requires clearance

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:49 AM

Received 141 Likes on 135 Posts

I'm not sure what kind of electronic suspension design you have in mind. Most electronic suspension adjustments are limited to shock valving adjustments. As far as adjusting the height, I'm not sure if there's anything electronic out there that can do the job, airbags seem like the way to go.
Old 03-27-2017, 10:23 AM

Received 172 Likes on 148 Posts

I doubt you'll find anything electronic for adjust ride height either. Any reason you don't want to do air bags?

Also, you are probably overthinking this. If you want/need a little more clearance under the front of the truck, just a 1" to 2" leveling kit would be much simpler. I doubt you will see any mpg difference (I didn't when I had a my leveling kit installed). And for "minor 'off road'" conditions, you probably don't even need the added height.