Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ebay halo projectors???

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 11:30 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Ebay halo projectors???

I really really like the look of the halo projector headlights on the new f150 the recons are perfect... But they're just too damn pricey. I'm wondering of anyone has experience with some of the projectors on eBay.. Half the price, same concept. Haven't heard good things bout recon anyway. But i know I've seen a couple guys who have them, any input would be nice!
Old 11-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Platinum Status

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not sure on quality, but I think the eBay ones look better personally. There are a few little differences that make them look better, I think.
Old 11-04-2011, 12:04 AM
Just call me sean. Really

Received 153 Likes on 106 Posts

I don't see any problem with the ebay projectors. Just run a bead of silicone around them to seal 'em up real good and you're set. That's the biggest difference between cheap lights and good lights, cheapies let in moisture. Silicone fixes anything!
Old 11-04-2011, 01:00 PM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

If I had to bet, some of the parts are shared by both. I havent seen the light output of either but most likely the Recons have a better projector lens. Neither have a great output though
Old 11-04-2011, 01:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
From what I've heard and read, the only way you'll get better light output is by using HID's in any of the halo projector units. That includes the Recon offerings.

Without HID's in these lights, they are no better then the stock lights and in many cases, people have said they're actually worse regarding the amount of light they produce.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:12 PM

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rmrc51
From what I've heard and read, the only way you'll get better light output is by using HID's in any of the halo projector units. That includes the Recon offerings.

Without HID's in these lights, they are no better then the stock lights and in many cases, people have said they're actually worse regarding the amount of light they produce.
I didn't have a problem with mine when I had the stock looking light. But hid defiantly improve them a lot. I have no complaints about mine. I'm very happy. It's one of my favorite parts
Old 11-04-2011, 01:19 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Hk2011fx4
I didn't have a problem with mine when I had the stock looking light. But hid defiantly improve them a lot. I have no complaints about mine. I'm very happy. It's one of my favorite parts
I'm glad they worked out for you HK. I'm still considering buying the Recons with HID's.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:20 PM

Received 49 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rmrc51

I'm glad they worked out for you HK. I'm still considering buying the Recons with HID's.
Yea I bought aftermarket hid there called blaze hid. They are very clean and clear unlike some hid's. I love everything about them. It's probably my favorite mod so far.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:22 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The Ebay Halo Projectors that are exactly the same as Recon are made by Sonar and called Spyder Headlights. The design is exactly the same, I could not find any differences, infact some of the ebay sellers are using recons pictures in their ads.
Look at DT Moto or Voltex Motoring for the Sonars on ebay.

If you are stuck on lifetime warranty and the recon brand, look around the internet for coupon codes of up to 25% off for gorecon.com

If possible try to get the CCFL halo projectors, the light output on the halos are much brighter and nicer looking, same stuff found in BMWs.

Sonar or Recon light output is on par with the stock lights, untill you add HIDs.
Old 11-04-2011, 01:28 PM

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ukisuperstar
The Ebay Halo Projectors that are exactly the same as Recon are made by Sonar and called Spyder Headlights. The design is exactly the same, I could not find any differences, infact some of the ebay sellers are using recons pictures in their ads.
Look at DT Moto or Voltex Motoring for the Sonars on ebay.

If you are stuck on lifetime warranty and the recon brand, look around the internet for coupon codes of up to 25% off for gorecon.com

If possible try to get the CCFL halo projectors, the light output on the halos are much brighter and nicer looking, same stuff found in BMWs.

Sonar or Recon light output is on par with the stock lights, untill you add HIDs.
Thanks for the tip!

Quick Reply: Ebay halo projectors???