Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driver's Side Heater

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Master Mariner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Driver's Side Heater

Ok, so this may be a dumb question and I may have missed the easy answer somewhere buried in the owner's manual but I'm having problems with the heat on the drivers side of my truck.

The past couple days have been chilly in the morning and after my run its still realitively cold for my drive to work (living in the south has thined my Yankee blood) Anyway, I turn the climate control on, set it to a nice temp, say around 75 degrees and turn my heated seat on (very nice) however the only thing I get from the dash and floor vents only blow cold air. A/C isn't engaged, nor is de-frost. Passanger side vents start putting out warm air, but after 5-10 minutes drivers side is still blowing cool air. At this point I'm at work looking for a parking spot so it really doesn't matter but I'd like to nip this problem in the butt before it gets really (kinda) cold here.

So what gives?
Old 10-04-2011, 02:09 PM
ETTYOCEO ®

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Is it a dual climate HVAC unit?
Old 10-05-2011, 06:54 AM
Master Mariner

Yes it is
Old 10-05-2011, 09:26 AM
ETTYOCEO ®

Are they set to sync both sides to the same temp? I know a dumb question but interweb troubleshoosting is a slow and sometimes dumb questions need to be asked.
Old 10-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Master Mariner

I've tried both synced and seperate temps for both passanger and driver side, same results
Old 10-05-2011, 10:16 AM
ETTYOCEO ®

Guess all you can do is take it to the dealer... I hate it when people say that. The knowledge on this forum typically is 100% more honest and accurate then any service department I have been to with my vehicles.
Old 10-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Master Mariner

Thanks for the help, second that the knowledge is typically 100% better then most dealerships anyways. Truck goes in for first oil change in 500 miles, I'll have it looked at then. Again, thanks for the help!
Old 12-01-2011, 03:20 PM
Master Mariner

UPDATE: issue resolved, finally got a chance to take the truck to the dealership, turns out the left temp blend door actuator on the heater/ac box inside the dash had gone bad. This caused no air from the heater to reach the drivers side.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:14 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Question of the day......

My 2010 Lariat driver's side is blowing cold when set at 90F.....going in for blend door actuator replacement this week.......here's the question: Is the replacement actuator an updated design or the same part that will fail again someday when the warranty is long gone?????? This rig has only 33,000 miles on it
Old 04-08-2014, 11:30 PM

Received 222 Likes on 178 Posts

It is a Ford defect and no the part will be the exact same just like the rest of the Fords known problems! It is either going to be the actuator or the internal door, mostly on the temp blend more so than on the vent selector side but they even have that problem too! The problem is like anything else... they through in a new part but don't bother trying to solve the problem with either a redesign or update! Same goes for the door jam harness.. been known to be a problem for years but still no change in design or updated part!!

So I would suggest getting the extended warranty from Ford if you want to keep the truck or start learning how to do the repair yourself, which is what I plan on doing,,, Warranty and then doing it myself. The parts on the positive side are pretty cheap,, not only in design but also in cost but the labor will kill you unless you do it yourself. I have read of prices ranging from 600 up to 1200 for the repair depending on which one needs replaced. The D/S blend door is what you had replaced is much more in labor then the P/S one although the part is the same price.

Quick Reply: Driver's Side Heater