Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Door Ajar Switch?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2016, 02:02 PM

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Door Ajar Switch?

Hey all, truck is at the dealer and just got the driveshaft replaced. I had them shut my drls off last time it was there and it also shut off my cab lights. I asked them to look at it. They said my drivers side door ajar switch is bad and it was throwing a code. Problem is it never alerts me in the truck and other than the lights not working I'd have never known. They wanted to charge me $250 to replace it. I'm sure that's something I can change out myself correct? Anyone had issues with theirs?
Old 12-30-2016, 04:32 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

If your cab lights were turned off they screwed up when they deactivated the dtrl's. Commonly known as (police mode or dark car). They jack you up for a door switch that should only cost $50 at most including labor to change then hook up IDS and turn your cab lights back on. Pretty slick and a scum bag move on their part. You would get a door ajar warning on the dash if a switch was bad.

Get your truck back without that and follow this thread I created for a free software program that will let you turn them on your self for practically nothing as well as a lot of other programming changes you can do with a lap top or windows tablet and a $15 Bluetooth OBDII dongle.

https://www.f150forum.com/f38/forsca...ations-349018/