Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did a few upgrades, and I have a question on exhaust.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2017, 08:44 PM

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Did a few upgrades, and I have a question on exhaust.

So I have vinyl flooring in my XL. Because my floor mat slides back and forth at will it cought my pedal when I floored it the other night and kept if floored and that was NOT cool. I tried a number of things to get my mats NOT so slide every where, piece of carpet spray glued to floor NOPE, Velcro NOPE. So I ordered a set of Husky X-Act

They were rather expensive but they work GREAT no more sliding around great quality and best of all made in the USA!

I sprayed rubber 3M undercoat on my wheel wells. I didnt like seeing the white in the wheel wells I think it looks unfinished and it was bugging me. Ford needs to spend an extra couple of dollars and do this themselves. It looks splotchy in this photo but it's really not it came our pretty good.

Not quite as good reception as my OEM antenna but close and looks much much cooler. Put some blue locktight on there so no one can walk of with it.

Little plastidip work.

And got a 18 inch Magnaflow put on sounds great only a little drone in cabin nice low tone. I hear a fluttering sound when accelerating though and suspect this is the culprit. Im taking it back tomorrow so they can fix the weld. Do you think this is causing my fluttering? I guess I"ll find out tomorrow.
Old 08-02-2017, 09:31 PM

Received 146 Likes on 95 Posts

Yah, a hole that big in the weld can make for an annoying flutter.
The following users liked this post:
Rage72 (08-02-2017)
Old 08-03-2017, 12:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Did you leave the resonator on? I had a shop cut out my muffer so I'm just on the resonator and it sounds so awesome. I want it louder though, so I'm thinking of having the resonator also cutout and a magnaflow muffler put there instead and a pipe bent out. Would that be too loud?
Old 08-03-2017, 12:27 PM

Received 884 Likes on 672 Posts

I would have and still can suggest wheel well liners. Sure the white is gone, but now you still see the giant gaps between the bed and frame.
Old 08-03-2017, 02:57 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveLord
I would have and still can suggest wheel well liners. Sure the white is gone, but now you still see the giant gaps between the bed and frame.
This^^

Before and after I installed wheel well liners.