Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealer goofed , Question about fees on a New Vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 01:57 PM

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts

Default Dealer goofed , Question about fees on a New Vehicle

I dident know where else to ask so I figure you guys and gals would know.
I bought a new van yesterday ,2013 E150, This has been an ongoing project since OCT
Dealer called a few days ago and gave it to me for my price (22% off msrp)
went and did paperwork yesterday ,which they had me there for 4 hours doing my paperwork, finally I'm just going to leave , When I told them that ,they got me wrapped up.
The price in Email was $XX,XXX plus Tax and tags
When it was all said and done there was registration fee$206 , title fee $166, Doc fee $131
$500 in fees on top of The quoted T&T

Today they call and say they shouldn't have taken $10,000 on AMX card, they are only supposed to take $5k
So they want to credit me back $5k and have me send a check for $5k.
Are those fees acceptable
If not I dont plan to give them a check, I figure Ill let it ride on the AMX card
Old 01-07-2014, 03:06 PM

Received 150 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by fcancer
I dident know where else to ask so I figure you guys and gals would know.
I bought a new van yesterday ,2013 E150, This has been an ongoing project since OCT
Dealer called a few days ago and gave it to me for my price (22% off msrp)
went and did paperwork yesterday ,which they had me there for 4 hours doing my paperwork, finally I'm just going to leave , When I told them that ,they got me wrapped up.
The price in Email was $XX,XXX plus Tax and tags
When it was all said and done there was registration fee$206 , title fee $166, Doc fee $131
$500 in fees on top of The quoted T&T

Today they call and say they shouldn't have taken $10,000 on AMX card, they are only supposed to take $5k
So they want to credit me back $5k and have me send a check for $5k.
Are those fees acceptable
If not I dont plan to give them a check, I figure Ill let it ride on the AMX card

I think for a charge on Amex exceeding a certain amount, in your case 10k. The dealer has to send verification of the charge, plus the dealer gets hit with a big fee for the charge. That could be the reason why they want to return the 5k, to avoid the extra fee. I would suggest you call Amex and verify if there is a limit for specific vendors/your dealer.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:12 PM

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by jesusv
I think for a charge on Amex exceeding a certain amount, in your case 10k. The dealer has to send verification of the charge, plus the dealer gets hit with a big fee for the charge. That could be the reason why they want to return the 5k, to avoid the extra fee. I would suggest you call Amex and verify if there is a limit for specific vendors/your dealer.
No, theres NO limit.
They just dont want to pay the fee
Kind of like I dont want to pay their fee.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:26 PM

Received 156 Likes on 113 Posts

Tell them that you will take the $5k credit to save them fees and you will write them a check for $4500.

Personally, I always discuss in the deal the bottom dollar so I know what those fees are upfront.
Old 01-07-2014, 03:37 PM

Received 398 Likes on 344 Posts

yeah amex charges a percent of every charge at my shop. other credit card companies do it to. but thier's is double. that's why we don't take amex anymore.

Quick Reply: Dealer goofed , Question about fees on a New Vehicle