Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cruise Control set to On all the time?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2019, 10:13 PM
ksp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cruise Control set to On all the time?

Is there a way to set the cruise control to default to on? I know it's kind of trivial but it would be nice not to have to hit the on button all the time. Chevy has got that one right.
2014 F150 XLT 302A
Old 02-16-2019, 10:17 PM

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,672 Posts

1st world problem. Have a look at the spread sheets in the forscan thread for a possible solution, or........wait for it................buy a Chevy.

Last edited by RLXXI; 02-16-2019 at 10:20 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by RLXXI:
Dave Z (02-17-2019), Old Grey Mule (02-18-2019)
Old 02-17-2019, 03:47 PM
ksp

Originally Posted by Rnlcomp
1st world problem. Have a look at the spread sheets in the forscan thread for a possible solution, or........wait for it................buy a Chevy.
Yes, I know it's not a big deal but was wondering if it could be done. I did look in the spreadsheets but I could not find anything but some of the items I don't understand what they do.. I did not see a module for the Cruise Control in the spreadsheet so that is why I was asking.
Old 02-17-2019, 09:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ksp
Yes, I know it's not a big deal but was wondering if it could be done. I did look in the spreadsheets but I could not find anything but some of the items I don't understand what they do.. I did not see a module for the Cruise Control in the spreadsheet so that is why I was asking.
I'll never understand why some people will waste their time coming onto a legitimate thread just to basically say "I think that's a stupid question." If they don't want to discuss it or think it's dumb, why can't they just move along? I'm new to my F150, and my previous vehicle started up in whichever cruise mode it was in when it turned off. Can't tell you how many times I've hit "set" and it doesn't set, because it's not turned on! Why does it even need to be turned on or off? Seems like it should just be there ready for you to hit the set and then work.
The following users liked this post:
madfrenchie (02-18-2019)
Old 02-17-2019, 09:08 PM

Received 1,040 Likes on 653 Posts

My WAG is that they don't want people to accidentally turn cruise on and cause an accident if the circumstances where right.
The following users liked this post:
PerryB (02-17-2019)
Old 02-17-2019, 10:19 PM
ksp

Originally Posted by new_2_trucks_guy
I'll never understand why some people will waste their time coming onto a legitimate thread just to basically say "I think that's a stupid question." If they don't want to discuss it or think it's dumb, why can't they just move along? I'm new to my F150, and my previous vehicle started up in whichever cruise mode it was in when it turned off. Can't tell you how many times I've hit "set" and it doesn't set, because it's not turned on! Why does it even need to be turned on or off? Seems like it should just be there ready for you to hit the set and then work.
My thoughts exactly.
Old 02-17-2019, 11:37 PM

Originally Posted by blue2010xlt
My WAG is that they don't want people to accidentally turn cruise on and cause an accident if the circumstances where right.
​​​ Probably so. Lowest common denominator.

Trending Topics

Old 02-18-2019, 05:39 AM

Received 73 Likes on 59 Posts

It's right there easily accessible with the left thumb. On/off buttons are simpler than logging onto an internet forum. How bout that, new to trucks guy ?
Old 02-18-2019, 06:47 AM

Received 51 Likes on 43 Posts

A few years ago there were a lot of vehicle fires while they were in the garage. It was limited to Ford F-150's and Expeditions. The root cause was determined to have originated at the cruise control module under the hood overheating and igniting a fire.
There were many homes lost to the connected garages spreading to the residences.
Old 02-18-2019, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by Old Grey Mule
It's right there easily accessible with the left thumb. On/off buttons are simpler than logging onto an internet forum. How bout that, new to trucks guy ?
Well, if you really want to know, Google saves my login name and password, no, not really any easier. About the same.

OP and I have both stated, this is not any kind of deal breaker, just something we'd like to change if it's possible. If you're happy with yours the way it is, then why do you care if we want ours set up differently? How about that, Old Cranky Mule...

Quick Reply: Cruise Control set to On all the time?