Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crewcab Rear door lock actuator

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2016, 03:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Crewcab Rear door lock actuator

Just wondering if anyone might know how this works?

2010 F150 Crewcab FX4

I've got a rear driver side door lock actuator that stopped working. Was that way for a couple weeks. Then the door sensor started noticing it and reporting door ajar (when it wasnt). And now, the fuse has blown and blows any new fuse when using the auto door locks.

Dealership says fix could be nearly $400 (since the latch and actuator are all one part).

I would like to maybe tackle this myself, but it is winter here in MN and would like to do it when warmer out.

Can I simply disconnect the wiring to the actuator and go about business until I'm ready to replace, with the rest of the door still working without the bad one hooked up?

Thanks for any clues here in advance...
Old 02-16-2016, 03:21 PM

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Its all part of the latch. Check your wiring going through the rubber accordian in the jamb for broken wires. May not need the latch at all.
Old 02-16-2016, 03:26 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Interesting - will definitely check the wiring - but before tearing it apart, I was really wondering if everything else will run ok without the one door connected, if it turns out I have to yank it and replace the latch? Just trying to weight out stalling this until its warmer out.
Old 03-19-2016, 03:29 PM
Three-time F-series owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Name:  image_zpsrw7klsmc.jpeg
Views: 2449
Size:  68.5 KB
Absolutely right...it is the wiring harness. The green wire controls the door ajar sensor. The top green wire and the bottom green wire are supposed to be the same wire. Don't spray WD-40. Don't buy a new door latch for $100. Pull the accordion from the door pillar, and Check continuity on the wiring harness. After soldering and heat-shrinking mine, all is better.
The following users liked this post:
AndrewMock1 (08-29-2020)

Quick Reply: Crewcab Rear door lock actuator