Topic Sponsor
2009 - 2014 Ford F150 General discussion on 2009 - 2014 Ford F150 truck.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clunk from 3rd to 4th

Old 04-22-2015, 10:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Clunk from 3rd to 4th

(2014 xlt 5.0) ok so i had brought my truck in a couple weeks ago to get them to take care of a hard shift from 1st to 2nd. The problem was taken care of and with everything fine i notice a very distinct clunk from 3rd to 4th. it only does it when cold and its a one and done kinda deal until the next cold start. If i were to let off of the gas right before the shift it seems to be worse. when i brought it back they could not get it to do it at all. All i have ever owned was ford and it can be embarrassing when the chevy guys are in the truck, any ideas? thanks.
Old 04-23-2015, 03:05 PM
Ford Customer Service

Received 805 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by bevans0331
(2014 xlt 5.0) ok so i had brought my truck in a couple weeks ago to get them to take care of a hard shift from 1st to 2nd. The problem was taken care of and with everything fine i notice a very distinct clunk from 3rd to 4th. it only does it when cold and its a one and done kinda deal until the next cold start. If i were to let off of the gas right before the shift it seems to be worse. when i brought it back they could not get it to do it at all. All i have ever owned was ford and it can be embarrassing when the chevy guys are in the truck, any ideas? thanks.
Welcome to the forum, bevans0331! I'm here to help. I'll get a case started and escalated to your regional customer service manager for further assistance. Please send a private message with your full name, VIN, current mileage, servicing dealership, and best daytime contact number. I'll get the ball rolling!

Brittany

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Clunk from 3rd to 4th